Need my trunk to rattle less?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Harper2.0, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harper2.0

Harper2.0 Back from the dead?

Reputations:
    So I've got a semi-dilemma. I have a Pioneer deh-p 7700 CD player in my car, along with the stock speakers that came with it (2005 Honda Civic), a 725rms watt/1000max power Kenwood amp + 2 12" Lightning Audio (1500watt) subwoofers in a ported box. I wanted to know what would be the best approach to eliminate the rattling and get cleaner bass from my system. One of my friends recommended Dynamatt(which I think is an excellent idea), and I've thought of getting a custom box made for the subs to maximize the bass, but I though I'd ask the Sound experts on NBR before spending any money.

What do you guys/gals think?

2. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    If the trunk is rattling rubber around the seals would help, or it could be caused by the cones hitting the grill.

3. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    YOu really have to figure out what parts are touching each other to make it rattle, and put rubber between them. Dynamat will not fix this issue.

A good way to do this would be to get a constant low frequency playing on a loop. That way you could hear the rattles better

4. Harper2.0

Reputations:
    I belive it is the trunk lid itself(the part of the lid that touches the body of the car, if that makes any sense).

5. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There are many parts that would touch i think, plus there are more mechanisms in the trunk as well for it to open and close.

Whats weird is my car i can hear the rattles outside the car, but not inside.

6. Tippey764

Tippey764 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sounds like a ricer to me.

7. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Get a Trunk Monkey.

<object width='425' height='344'><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8avOiTUcD4Y&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8avOiTUcD4Y&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width='425' height='344'></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  8. The Fire Snake

The Fire Snake Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If it is the trunk lid Dynamat Extreme is awesome. I have a lot of that. It is pricey but very nice.

9. Harper2.0

Reputations:
    If by ricer you mean stock Civic with a Pioneer deck and some subs, then guilty as charged :p

10. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Dynamat if first step, not only will it significantly reduce the rattle it will make everything sound better in the car. I wont go into the long explanation why but I used to do car audio competitions and build/design systems.

After you have a good install of that stuff, track down any remaining vibrations and tighten down those parts or add a vibration dampener material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.