Need Help Video editing laptop Full HD, QHD, UHD

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by jeptumala, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeptumala

jeptumala Newbie

Reputations:
    can anyone help me decide? i'm currently looking at AW r4 17 with 1070, but can anyone help me decide what monitor should i buy? are qhd and uhd worth the extra hundred? or i should settle at Full HD, Casual Gamer here and full time Video editor. or if you have better laptop options. thanks guys!!

2. jefflackey

jefflackey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What program are you using for your video editing?

3. KCETech1

KCETech1 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If your a full time editor and use your kit to pay your bills like I do ... look more towards the Precision 7510, HP Zbook 17 or the Lenovo P70.

now as to WHY.

1: don't run hot
    2: 64GB of RAM max and Xeon CPU's sound fun?
    3: Certified workstation GPU's .... no frigging driver blowouts or blown renders after hours of waiting
    4: upgradable as heck, Dual M2's plus 2.5" SSD's
    5: SUPPORT.... extremely fast NDB warranty up to 5 years and accidental in many cases
    6: specialized hardware. a good example is the DC3 screen in the Zbook 17. an actual 10 bit aRGB gamut screen that bests many high end externals, and destroys my rMBP and ACD Displays ( yes I run Macs as well )
    7: built DURABLE, yes some looks and more brick like are sacrificed but very very durable built.
    8: trackpoints !!!!, Im not a fan of the touchpad when typing, this way I don't need to leave homerow and shift my hands.
    9: and possibly the big one ... Professional Docks, I can clip in at home and be instantly docked to 4 external screens and all my accessories without all this cable crap via USB3 or Thunderbolt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.