Need help updating P-7805u FX bios

Discussion in 'Gateway and eMachines' started by Turtleman, Oct 17, 2015.

1. TreeTops Ranch

TreeTops Ranch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    TANWare to the rescue again. What a guy! I sure wish I had his knowledge.

2. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Moderator

Reputations:
    Stretching my memory, that is for sure.

3. p-7805u-noob

p-7805u-noob Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but I need your help TanWare!!! I found this thread on google when trying to research why after installing new ram on my laptop I had no display and found you guys here. I have a Gateway p-7805u laptop as well and bought the same ram as turtle man Corsair ddr3 two 4gb sticks at 1600mhz my laptop will not work with any kind of swaping of the ram sticks I get one set up to work which is one original ram stick and one new ram stick but the laptop turns on and bios says it only found the old ram stick the new one is measured at 0mb. My bios verison is also 9.11.00. I have no idea what to do to get these new ram sticks to work on my laptop I was looking to go from 4gb to 8gb which the intel p8400 can handle any help would be great. I could not find a way to pm you privately my email is Daryls84@gmail.com any information on how I could fix this issue would be great or if I should buy new ram to fix the problem thank you

Sorry I'm also running windows 10 64 bit operating system I went from 7 to 10 if that helps any

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  4. TANWare

Reputations:
    Is there a link to the specific memory? If you look at post #9 the other memory sticks solved the problem.

5. p-7805u-noob

p-7805u-noob Newbie

Reputations:
  6. TANWare

Reputations:
    Those coversw over the chips hide them. It is hard to tell the configuration that way. Even if the SPD is in spec the configuration could kill the deal. The gskill I haev linked to are a 100% compatible stick. The 9c.11 bios is fine for vista but if running Windows 7 use 9c.17, even with just the 8 GB upgrade the 9c.17 may be better.

7. p-7805u-noob

p-7805u-noob Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay awesome I have the gskills coming in the mail tomorrow now I have Version 9.11.00 bios and am running Windows ten was thinking about going down to Windows 8 what bios do you recommend for Windows 8 or if I stay with 10 what bios would you recommend. I appreciate all the help I'm a noob to all this an am learning as I go also where do you recommend I get a safe bios update from

8. TANWare

Reputations:
    Use 9c.17 if you have above Vista. On Windows 7 or above you may have to use legacy 1394 driver.

9. TANWare

Reputations:
    Did you get the chips in the mail, is all good now?