Need help restoring the OS !

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Adilinar, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    zafota, good Q, I don't want to but in, the only thing the 19.5 gig partition is good for is to get you back to the factory install - stock drivers, etc. Handy if you go to sell it I guess. Although if syou have an issue ASUS may suggest using this partition to restore. I and many here recommend get the OS running as you want and do an image to an external HD or DVD's so you can quickly get back up an running if the hard drive fails, or if you want to upgrade the hard drive. Also I recommend incremental backups of data files also.
    I do an image of C every other month (first HDD) and do incremental data backups as needed. (which reside on the second HDD)

2. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    The partition is the Recovery partition, and can be used to restore the machine to Factory new, which is great if you ever decide to sell it. Even tho I can set it up from scratch, and have, I keep it on the boot drive anyway.

If it's removed, you loose the F9 at POST option. (Well, you can make a whole new one from scratch, but that's way over a forum thread conversation.)

If you need it removed, you can use a partition archive application, like Acronis, that can make an image of it and stored elsewhere. Then restore it back if ever needed, or selling your system.

3. Ulags

Ulags Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hi i burned 5 dvds using ai recovery software. Now i decided to use that recovery.. thewhole process was completed in 55 minutes and the software displayed 'recovery image created successfully' and it restarted. After restart, the system boots > displays 'windows is loading files'> then the same gray wallpaper that was there during ai recovery process> command prompt opens with 'X:/partiton/system/cmd.exe then it closes> nothing happens for few minutes, mouse pointer can be moved but nothing else> system restarts> displays error 'reboot and select proper boot disk media'... whats happening?? also one more problem, i have installed 8 gb ram in g53.. but only 4gb was detected in both bios and by windows.. CPU-z and HWinfo detects all the ram sticks(4*2gb) what happened? sorry for the lengthy post.. please help guys

4. zafota

zafota Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ahhh, So its a recovery partition. I guess it would be pointless to delete it since its just like 20gb.

Even though I'm not planning on selling my laptop(Im still inlove), I'll just leave it there. Thanks for the info JOSEA and Chastity!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.