~ ~ Need Help, My XPS Gave up! ~ ACC Warrnaty ~

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by vette_fan, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boo Boo

Boo Boo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  2. vette_fan

vette_fan Newbie

Reputations:
    Dude,

First of all, I never pretended to be a high tech guy. Funny thing, I've heard all the great things about XPS answering withing such and such time. Hey, I'm not lying. I waited almost 2 hrs. It is possible that I didn't call the number I should have. And that's why I was asking for help, hoping if someone could provide me with a correct number for XPS. Maybe I goofed up, called a different Dell warranty department - now tell me, what's so unrealistic about THAT?

Anyhow, to put you at ease......... I did end up chatting with an agent, and he should be sending me a box to ship my laptop to Depot. Then, it will come back in about 5-7 days after its repaired. So, thank you for your help. I finally figured out how to chat with an agent.... And he didn't think there's anything Unrealistic about My Story..... :rolleyes:

3. vette_fan

vette_fan Newbie

Reputations:
    It would be fraud if I had stolen the laptop from him, or using his name to purchase things (like on a credit cards, etc). The laptop is MINE... only I hadn't changed over the warranty, big deal.

I sold a car with new tires on it (that had a 50K miles road hazzad, extened warranty on tires). So, guess what, if the new owner wants his tires repaired I won't have a problem with it. They're supposed to last 50K miles, and that's that - regardless of who owns the car. The warranty is based on the duration of a time frame, or miles driven. I'd like the new onwner to benefit from the warranty, and won't mind if he told the shop that he is Roger, since the papers are in my name. If I had the car tires would have had warranty for 50K miles. Now, Dave owns the car - tires should still last 50K miles.

If you still don't get it, you won't!

4. pchan

pchan Notebook Geek

Reputations:

vette_fan, from where are you calling btw? maybe you are using a different hotline to contact dell. I think XPS owners have a different hotline number than the usual dell laptop owners. It should be on a separate page when the previous owner ordered it from dell . It should say at the top like "Thank you for purchasing Dell" then look for the XPS Premium (24x7 support) number.

Also time properly your call. Its better to call first thing in the morning on these hotlines rather than mid day. The chat also works but looks like it is being catered by US folks, hence its only seem to be available from my side of the world during US time.

Anyway just explain to them that you have bought your unit from somebody and you are availing the warranty that he bought for the unit. I think they are reasonable enough to acknowledge that warranty. You know your service tag and express codes right? They should be in a sticker right beneath your laptop..

5. Relativity17

Relativity17 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would not be completely astonished if Dell told you that they establish warranty contracts with a specific individual rather than the current claimed owner of the laptop, and that a warranty transfer must be made first. You can of course tell them "big deal" until you're blue in the face, but I doubt that will make them any more inclined to help you.

Anyway, this is all speculation, maybe you should read over the service contracts and get an idea of what you should be prepared for when you do contact Dell.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/main/service_contracts

Good luck.

6. pchan

pchan Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Hmmm.. we seem to be having a different service contracts.. ours is different here in singapore and asia..

http://www.dell.com/downloads/ap/services/24x7_Phone_Technical_Support.pdf

http://www.dell.com/downloads/ap/services/OnSite_Preventive_Maintenance_Service.pdf

maybe its a good idea for vette_fan to check the service contract from his/her location first before calling dell..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.