~ ~ Need Help, My XPS Gave up! ~ ACC Warrnaty ~

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by vette_fan, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_fan

vette_fan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

Let me say that I've been browsing this forum for almost a year now, and finally became a member. There's always good info here, so I'm hoping you all will help me.

I have a XPS M1530. I bought it from someone, who gave it to me with the box and original Dell Labels that show all the specs and Warranty. Laptop was only 1 month old, and still not used. This laptop was ordered on 5/22/08, shipped on 6/5/08. It was bought with the CompleteCare Accidental DamageProtection Warrranty - 1 Year (Item #960-9187). So, far I have not transferred the warranty in my name (cuz I'm stupid lazy, and had no need).

Now, my laptop is giving up. After about 2 months, the Screen used to get discolored if I opened it more than 90 degrees. So I just didn't open it that much. But lately, it's getting WORSE. Now the screen stays discolored (like a 35mm photo negative) ALL the time. The scroll pad sometimes won't feel my finger movement, and sometimes the media buttons won't work.

I've taken good care of it, like I do with everything I own. It still looks like-new, but has problems. I could live with other problems but the screen is UN-Readable. How can I get it touch with Dell to get it fixed or replaced. Since it's under 1 year, even the basic warranty should cover these issues. But if not, my ACC warranty definitely should. Problem is they haven't answered my email, and nobody ever answers phones. When I called, it said the wait is 10 mintues, but after 1 Hour 20 minutes, I gave up..... Need very urgent help, because I'm depending on my laptop for my upcoming Job.

Thanks for help and guidance in advace... Happy Holidays!!!

2. paper_wastage

paper_wastage Beat this 7x7x7 Cube

Reputations:
    go online... its always some wait, but someone will answer it eventually... (thats how i did when i replaced my Axim X51v 2 years ago on warranty and got parts for my m1330 a month ago

most likely u wont get a new model... u'll stil get a m1530 since its in stock... if your laptop's that bad and they agree to replace, u'll get a refurbished m1530 with similar (or better specs.... if they give you worse specs, like 2GB ram instead of 3GB... argue with them)

3. wodstock

wodstock Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Christ man, you just need to wait on the phone, or use chat on another computer, but first get the change of ownership taken care of. dell will never give you a different computer, that's just retarded, who would do that

4. vette_fan

vette_fan Newbie

Reputations:
    I guess you didn't read my entire post. I said I waited for 1 hour, 20 minutes on the phone. After than my cell battery gave up, and so did my patience. Originally, they said wait is 10 minutes. So, I think I did do my part of waiting on the phone.

As for changing ownership, they wanna know the previous owner's email id, address, phone number, etc. I don't have all that info anymore. Anyhow, can't I be Mike (original owner)? I just want my computer fixed/replaced. And I paid good money for it, along with the ACC warranty. Does anyone have a link to the actual warranty department?

Thanks.

5. wodstock

Reputations:
    well you sir are beyond hope. if you didn't transfer the warranty when you could, well then you are screwed, and if you didn't realize you really needed to take care of the ownership when you first experienced problems, i really don't know what to say, you screwed yourself through ignorance. i myself have been on hold for 4 hours to dell, so you obviously weren't patient enough, and i definitely shouldn't have to explain any of this to you, it is all 100% obvious for anyone with any intelligence.

you are also talking about fraud and identity theft on an open board, so you need to just shut up. no one will give you advice about how to take over someone's identity to fraudulently use the original owners warranty...

makes me know this is a stolen computer, because no one is this stupid

6. vette_fan

vette_fan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Wodstock,

I'm a person with manners, so I won't go down to your level and make personal remarks about you, or how dumb you sound. But for you to make comments on my charecter, I would say you need to SHUT UP, if you have nothing better to say.

I bought the laptop from a guy on Craigslist. I have copies of emails that I exchanged with him (about 10 emails or so), and the copy of the check I paid him with. He had bought it directly from Dell. I guess you've never heard of Craigslist or Ebay, where people buy/sell used/new items. I didn't know the process of transferring the warranty and didn't need to..........cuz I also have a HP laptop, that I bought from Besy Buy 4 years ago. I didn't send in the warranty card during the 1st Year. And after 1 Yr the Basic warranty expired, but it has no problems. Most manufacters give 1 Yr Basic warranty and nothing goes wrong within that 1 Yr, Usually. But for this Dell I was getting the Accidental Warranty, that came as an extra bonus. However, its still covered by BACIS 1 Yr right now. And I'd like to use my Warranty (which ever gets applied) to get it fixed.

My question was - Where can I find the exact link or phone number to contact Dell Warranty. And since Mike was the original owner, and now its Roger (me), it makes no difference to Dell who gets it repaired. The BASIC 1 year warranty from ALL manufacterers covers all hardware related issues. So, this could be covered under that 1 Yr Warranty. Dell can easily look up the info using Tag Service number & serial number of the computer. If not, my ACC Warranty should cover it.

As for you, Wodstock, Where the hell did you come up with the fraud in this? Its a sincere & genuine question. YOU need to learn to READ English....

7. wenbin

wenbin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In fact, contact the email support team is the best way, usually you get response in 2 days.

8. Jackyb

Jackyb Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    With the XPS line you should be able to get someone quicker! I just talked to support online and got them within 15 or so min. You just need to wait until you get someone.

9. wodstock

Reputations:
    that is identity fraud buddy. cant imitate the original owner to use the warranty. you can try to play it off all you want but we both know what that means

10. wodstock

Reputations:
    and that is too true, xps has gone down hill but they still respond fairly quickly so your story seems a bit unrealistic. if i am reading too far into this, i apologize, but like i wrote before, all the questions you asked are super easy for the most technically illiterate person to figure out, just get on the dell website and use the search function

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.