Need Help: Geforce GTX 1070n Successfully Installed in a G1 Zbook 15 but it's not perfect yet

Discussion in 'HP' started by ChanceJackson, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @triturbo Thx for rep! my current design works well enough to keep the GPU @ a max of 60C above ambient so it has never thermally throttled but I know I can do better with a superior design to that end I found the perfect Opteron 1u skivved copper heatsinks that I can get to a height of 16mm if I cut down the base I will use the expertise and a equipment of a local Fablab/Makerspace to work on it. before that I have to do all the Imagineering but I ended up just doing a bunch of benchmarking and obliterating all the GPU bound Benchmark results for the G1 15"/HP 1909 on HWbot and then lately i have just been playing videogames on it maxed out lol

triturbo likes this.
  2. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    It's perfectly understandable, making the cooling is half the fun, but putting it into good use is the other half :D Have some fun first and, no matter when, I'm eager to see your next design. I can chime-in if you want. BTW how close are fan's blades to the radiator? Is there any noise?

ChanceJackson likes this.
  3. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The additional fan is sandwiched right between the Card and the radiator with most of the plastic not crucial to the fan blades removed it is pretty loud on full speed I'm hoping my next design will be efficent enough that the fan doesn't have to be at max

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    KY_BULLET likes this.