Need help finding a laptop......

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Dylans115thdream, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylans115thdream

Dylans115thdream Newbie

Reputations:
    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**
    Trying to stay around 600 but 800 is max(chaged my mind after ansewering all these questions if i have to pay 1,000$++- then ill save more $$. United States

* **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**
    I'd enjoy a longer battery life and have not owned a 2in1 before so that might be fun ( :

* **How important is weight and thinness to you?**
    Does not matter to me as long as it doesn't exceed 1k lbs

* **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**
    I'm most familiar with Windows but have also owned a MacBook pro for a while and have not used any other OS

* **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**
    N/A

* **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**
    I might get steam again and would probably enjoy something I can occasionally game on but not too into gaming. Although I have enjoyed mmorpgs RPGs and fps in the past as well as games like Minecraft and I really wanna try Gary's mod... I also would like to record music which I normally use audacity.... i am thinking about starting a youtube channel where i would need to edit videos/picture slides and add music and also add my voice over the music/video/picture slides

* **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**
    Uhh maybe above average fps and some decent settings

* **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**
    I definitely want a good keyboard as I type a lot. And i would also consider having a dvorak keyboard which is something im experimenting with.

* **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**
    what i mainly want to do is record music and i have always used audacity. i also want 1tb or more of memory and if possible have 8g + of ram although im not entirely sure what ram does... id like it to have a webcam and obviously have a mic so i can record music. i defiinitely want n hdmi port so i can plug my laptop into my tv. also i might do some casual gaming(mmorpg, rpg, fps) altho when i get into a game ill sometimes play for4+ hours for example i enjoyped playing WoW And doing huge raids or battledrounnds but at the time d wuld lag out or the game would crash or id have to play at a very low resolution mhich sucked because i wanted to do large raids with at least being able to not lag out + i really enjoy having great graphix.. i know im looking for a lot and at this point if i have to pay 1,000$+++ i will save more money¡¡ i had to use ¡¡ because i cant find the nor... nvm!!!found it lol so thanku all in advance and if i think of anything else ill dd it
    I'm not necessarily looking for a gaming laptop but if it offers what I'm looking for then perfect! Also I'm thinking I should purchase a microphone to plug into my laptop to record instead of using the laptops mic

2. Dylans115thdream

Dylans115thdream Newbie

Reputations:
    Whoops I didn't see the "before you post rules" thread... Hope it's no big deal. And if I gotta I'll fill out using that format

3. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

So I did a search for the first time where the webcam MP were a limit. I set it here to 2MP and set all your other requirements (SSD+1 TB HDD) and this is what I got: noteb search results. Since you are not into heavy gaming I would say the Clevo N850HK1 should work out just fine for you. I would also encourage you to buy it from Eluktronics since they have better screens at 72% NTSC. As for the keyboard, I am afraid Clevo doesn't make the best keyboards, but they might have dvork ones, you can ask in the Clevo/Sager section of our forum if it is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.