Need help finding a CPU fan for NP8157

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by reishi, Nov 22, 2018.

1. reishi

reishi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I purchased this laptop used so I don't know which reseller to contact.

The CPU fan sounds like it has a bearing or something beginning to fail in it. Not all the time but sporadically it will go from fairly quiet to making a hellacious grinding noise

When it does that I Fn +1 it until the CPU temp drops and then the fan falls silent and remains silent for several days until it starts making the sound again.

It started up tonight while I was working on a research paper and was a distraction for everyone in the room.

Looking online, I am having hard time finding a specific replacement fan for this model.

Could anyone point me to the right direction for a US distributor for this model CPU fan?

2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ask your reseller about purchasing a replacement CPU fan.

3. reishi

Reputations:
    I should have mentioned but I am also open to a higher speed , quieter non-exact replacement fan if one exists

Thank you for your help

4. reishi

Reputations:
    I bought it used so I don't know which reseller it originated from

5. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Ah I see.

Well according to the NotebookCheck review of your unit (Clevo P65xHS-G), the part number for your CPU fan is DFS501105FR0T:

[​IMG]

You can this find this part easily on eBay or AliExpress for a few bucks, the only issue is it takes a couple weeks for shipping as they're all from China.

Edit: Amazon has it too, it might ship faster from them.

Make sure you get the one for Clevo, not Toshiba, as they have different mounting hole locations.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    reishi likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Amazon sounds like a good bet to me,

reishi likes this.
  7. reishi

Reputations:
    Thank you for the help, guys

I took the back off of the laptop last night and ended up with almost the same picture you were able to find for me.

I was googling "replacement cpu fan for Clevo 650 HS-G" and was striking out. Regardless of how many different ways I reworded the same thing

Once I googled for the string of numbers on the fan tag itself, I was able to find a few replacements on Alliexpress and Amazon.

I went ahead and purchased 2 off of Amazon so I'll have a backup replacement for later on down the road but the expected delivery for them is December 23rd though January 17th so I reckon it's being shipped straight from China. There were no Prime options available, lol

And they were dirt-cheap. I believe both of them shipped ended up being less than $20 USD

But again, I appreciate yall helping me settle this fan issue. Not being able to locate a specific replacement using my approach was leaving me with a sad heart.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Integrated heatsink fan units can be sold together often but that does become more expensive.

9. LordMisfit

LordMisfit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Reishi if you're still monitoring this topic, I'm having a similar problem, and already got the fan part, but I hit a snag due to not knowing if I have to take the heatsink off completely [which is combined, different from my old NP8130 where the fans/heatsinks for the GPU and CPU were seperated] or not, so I stopped and just put it back together for now without replacing the fan, but I really need to figure this out soon. What should I do here? o.o

10. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    You should be able to remove the CPU fan without needing to remove the heatsink.