[Need Help] Buzzing noise from headphones when they're plugged in to the audio jack

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by lifestrk, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifestrk

lifestrk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    so basicly, title said it all; I got some LOUD buzzing noise from headphones when they're plugged in to the audio jack, even when im NOT CHARGING my laptop. are there any ways to fix this?
    PS:
    Laptop: MSI GE60 2PE
    Headphones: All headphones (i tried various headphones with it, all got the problems)

2. Craig9080

Craig9080 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, not a fix but we know the problem is probably a bad ground somewhere that is causing it. Any USB devices attached?

3. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This could be the issue, it's also possibly a manufacturing defect which would suck.

4. Craig9080

Craig9080 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, I had an old Compaq in Jr. High that wouldn't stop the buzzing on headphones but if I pushed on the palm rest it would go away. As a kid I initially thought fan buzzing but once I got up the courage to break it open I couldn't figure it out until my dad pointed out cold solder joint (Gotta love old big component PCB laptops) fixed that and it was fixed.

5. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is the noise present when running on battery only? I had some cracking noise on my older Dell laptop, which was caused of all things by fingerprint sensor driver, so I have program somewhere to help trouble shoot sound issues. If OP can't figure his problem out I'll try to find it, it helped me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.