Need Help ASAP Hp Pavilion 15-cc055od VS Dell Inspiron 15-5565

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by kw.60640, Jun 24, 2018.

?

Choose the HP or Dell?

1. HP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dell

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kw.60640

kw.60640 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I need help choosing between two replacement laptops offered to me.

I really like the Dell for the fact it has touchscreen, but think the overall specs (primarily the I7 versus the AMD12) are better on the HP, although the Dell is quad core and the HP is dual core (see specs below). Also, reviews on HP are better than the Dell. I tested both at the store and like the feel of the HP better, but still really like the touch screen option.

Also, Dell has 1 year warranty and HP only 90 days. I am thinking the Dell is brand new and HP refurbished.

I just don’t want to choose the Dell and be disappointed in performance.

I just need it for basic web browsing, some small work items (email, word, excel), and possibly some computer games for toddlers on disney and nickelodeon websites (where the touchscreen will be good). No major gaming though.

Please advise as I need to make my selection with the replacement company asap.

Hp Pavilion 15-cc055od, i7-7500U 2.7GHz, 15.6" LCD (1366x768), 1TB HDD, 8GB Memory, DVDRW, HD Webcam, Bluetooth, SD media card reader, B&O Audio, Windows 10, Silver

Dell Inspiron 15-5565, A12-9700P 2.5GHz, 15.6" LED (1366x768), 1TB HDD, 12GB Memory, DVDRW, Webcam, Bluetooth, Touchscreen, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10, Matte Gray

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have the dell 13 5000 series. I love it. It’s fast, keyboard is nice, touch pad is nice, Screen is nice. Works great.

3. kw.60640

kw.60640 Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you have Intel or AMD? If so what is the specific one? I am worried about the AMD A12 more than anything else since I have heard/read Intel I7 outperforms that.

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Intel pentium. The lowest priced one. It runs fine. I edit video, photos, design work etc. I do not game on it however. I love the device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.