Need advice on buying a Clevo P775TM1-G

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by arkob145, Feb 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. arkob145

arkob145 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello
    I've filled the form at the end of the post, but I think I can explain my requirements a bit better here. I need a laptop to run some programs for work which are horribly optimised, and require good CPU clocks, preferable above 4 GHz. I'd like to clock the CPU at 4.5GHz stable so I think a 8-series CPU will be better for me.

Locally, I have Illegear, Level51 and Azom who resell clevo but they dont offer delids, or dont have Prema support.

I think Clevo are the only ones which sell laptops with the K CPUs. I'd like suggestions about which Clevo resellers are good for international shipping. So far I've found only HIDevolution and Eurocom. Eurocom offers a sweet 10% student discount, and they still have 8-series CPUs on offer so I'm leaning towards them now.

Regards
    arkob145

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
    $2400(including shipping & taxes)
    2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
    Singapore or India

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    Yes

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Liquid Cargo Simulation and some gaming

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    My job requires me to travel a fair bit, hence the laptop, but I will have access to power outlets at all times.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?)
    Yes. Most recently Witcher 3, GTA V and X-Plane 11

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    2-3 hours should suffice

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Buying online is okay.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
    Windows 10

Screen Specifics

12) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? (See further below for explanations.)
    FHD

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (See further below for explanations.)
    No preference

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    Not really

Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you need?
    2 TB

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

16) When are you buying this laptop?
    Witfhin one month preferably

17) How long do you expect to use this laptop?
    5 years

18) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail?
    A month

19) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage?
    No.