Need advice ASAP (ebay related...)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MexicanSnake, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    2 days ago I bought 2 ram sticks 2x4gb for my laptop, The seller looked like a good person, he is a top rated seller and all that stuff.

The shipping description said: $11.45 US Postal Service Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate BoxSee more services

I even contacted the seller via questions and asked for priority mail shipping and noted that I dont mind paying extra if needed. He said that he always used USPS priority mail for international deals. Ok

Now he gave me the tracking number and find out that he used a damn "international letter" !?!!?! that doesnt even offer insurance! I got 2 items stolen because of that service in less than 2 months!.:mad: :mad:

I just contacted the seller and asked him to cancel the shipping ASAP! What can I do? I dont want to risk my money!:mad: :mad: .

Come on guys even the ebay description said USPS priority mail not "international letter"

Any advices are welcome!:)

2. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    If the seller refuses to respond, contact eBay and Paypal (assuming you paid via PayPal - you did, didn't you?) and lodge a complaint.

3. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    Thank you very much! thats very useful. Ill try to use that as one of my las resorces.:) + rep

btw I used paypal :p...

4. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, if the seller is unwilling to talk to you, it may be you only resort as opposed to your last one.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that though - if this guy's a top-rated seller, you would hope/imagine that he'd be prepared to deal with such eventualities.

5. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    Well he seems responsive but you know... What drives me crazy is his lack of attention to my request... I even said PRIORITY MAIL PLEASE, I DONT MIND PAYING MORE. Was it really hard for him to catch that?

6. ahsan.mughal

ahsan.mughal Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just FYI, I just shipped SSD to New Zealand that I sold here @ NBR and used USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box, but when you check the tracking number on the usps website, it says "International Letter". So this is normal. He/She might have sent it through Priority Mail

:)

EDIT: There is no insurance offered on the priority mail international flat rate boxes.

7. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info! :) I hope my pack gets here without problems!

8. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i would personally keep all of yur documentations til the package is in yur hands. USPS just lost my set of ultimate ear triplefi 10vi's that i bought from a member here. there was no insurance on my package so what they basically told me was that they lost my package and i can't do a damn thing about it. i tried filing this bs with their OIG (fraud and investigations division) and they emailed me back with the same useless response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.