Need a Razer Blade Pro 17 2070Max-q vbios

Discussion in 'Razer' started by HandsomeGhost, Aug 27, 2019.

1. espmic86

espmic86 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Timespy_score_RTX2070MaxQ.jpg firestrike_scores_RTX2070MAXQ.jpg sottr_DLSS_AF16x_1080p_RTXultra_highestpreset_RTX2070MaxQ.jpg got final tweaks done and final astonishing result as pure as a full 2070 and as good as a double prices alienmare area 51m with 2070 or 2080... still in a tiny laptop never drops under 4ghz all cores and under 100w gpu, never throttle, temps never above 73°C both cpu and GPU... crazy, really no words, was able to perform even better of my previous already amazing results.

This is official, the best gaming laptop for enthusiasts, creators and gamers is the aero 15 oled, just some tweaks, which is nice to do for people who like it, and no laptop comes really with a perfect setup so even costly dell's must be optimized by users.

Shadow of the tomb raider is set to highest preset, then activated all effects, moved all extra things on ultra, moved AF to 16x, RTX shadows on ULTRA, all effects maxed, DLSS on... normally in the tests around they just set highest preset and don't add these extra feauters, even though this test surpassed all best laptops test... this is really a 4K gaming desktop closed in a tiny laptop.

Just to tell, i got a pc with 9900KS and overclocked 2060 Super which makes THE SAME SCORES, but consumes 4x, noisy 4x, and cpu goes to 90°C, and it's a full sized desktop... this is a small tiny light laptop... no even need bigger gaming laptops with better cooling, can bring this everywhere and have same performance of 4000 eur laptops.... cannot say nothing more, just look at the updated screens... all screens and infos and files uses can be found on my drive

2. nyichiban

nyichiban Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What were your settings for the overclock?

3. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are you using the IMON slope/offset BIOS tweak to maintain these clocks under load?

4. espmic86

Reputations:
    CPU xtu -0,160v, gpu mai afterburner personal curve starting from 1500mhz at 0,7v with 15mhz increase each step till 1740mhz at 0,8v, then fattened all the curve because I tested in general games this frequency reachs 100w, changed vBIOs from 80-90w to 90-100w, optimized windows, stock ram, using a sabrent SSD which makes 2700mb read and write, above the stock intel 660p but it makes no difference in gaming, also consider external monitor gives +2/3% performance because your laptop becomes a full desktop with the gpu connected directly to monitor , this does not happen on laptop monitor which is connected to intel gpu, using Nvidia Optimus the gpu is actually a second processor which renders the frames but then send them to intel iGPU which is connected to internal display, this actually makes a double buffering such as vsync always one and results for all laptops in a 2% decrease in performance, at least, so if you use your gaming laptop as a desktop replacement external monitor or TV also gives you 2% performance boost... This is the same reason why in such games you can choose which gpu to use, and the same reason why older games what don't support Nvidia Optimus don't see the card and see only the first card (intel iGPU), the solution in that case is to connect to a monitor so that you bypass the communication between the two GPUs and the older games recognize Nvidia GPU. Just made many testing on personal msi afterburner curve to inspect max frequencie on power limit and tested which step at which voltage could be increased the ferquencie, for example in the curve sometimes I could increase from a step to another (example from 0,725 to 0,732) of 30mhz instead of 15mhz, made tests and so on, assured that the gpu was always runnning at 100w never decrease to 90w and that in game I always get 1725mhz at least, memory of you 1900mhz... And considering temperatures , if the laptop has good vrm and MOSFET and there was a way to install a 2070 bios with 115w working properly, this laptop would obtain the same performance or a full 2080 laptop. That s insane.... I dropped the full desktop and sell it, it costs 3000 eur and I have the same results with laptop and make some space and fan continue playing wherever I want just bringing the laptop with me...

Really guysz never been so happy of a purchase and never been so satisfied of my mods, consider that I used liquid metal and new thermal pads, also thermals pads on cooling system, ssds, northbridge and rams, and also using it on a cooling pad (which anyway doesn't make a difference, I tested).

Connected wireless g602, wireless keyboard, wireless headset hs70 from Corsair and wireless gamepad Xbox elite series 2, an external 1000mb read and write usb c SSD with 2 tb space... And a hdmi cable or display port if an external monitor supports high refresh rate with freesync or gsync....

See if you need some pics or files on my drive

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=15kOJ3mDAw8KHGkSCKkHxbI3lAO963xUK

Is there something more someone could Desire from a laptop? It actually is the best for content creator as well thanks to 12 thread and cuda cores... and to the 4k oled perfect black and colour calibrated 100% Atdcp3 colour space at only 1800 eur... This is CRAZY and INSANE... I will never sell or replace this, I want it as a remembering of old times as the best laptop ever best buy for price and performance and for modding happyneas, as a remembering of my thought for the future ehehehehh, I promise to myself never to sell this

5. nyichiban

Reputations:
    Thanks for all this info! I guess I will tinker with my laptop a bit more. Also if you want to keep it in pristine shape look into getting some dbrand skins for it. I just got mine and it gives the laptop a whole new look. Since mine was the mercury white edition it's ugly when I get a few scratches so I decided to get something to protect it.

6. espmic86

Reputations:
    Iink? Never heard of these skins

7. nyichiban

Reputations:
  8. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Hi, do you have the 8750H or 9750H Razer 15? Because I'm trying to find out out if this vBios runs at 100W on the 8750H model... Still stuck at 90W :(

Thanks!

9. nyichiban

Reputations:
    I have the 9750H Razer. I think people that have the 8750H wasn't able to get the vBIOS to run at 100W. This vBIOS seems to only work for the 9750H.

10. Iainbn

Iainbn Newbie

Reputations:
    @espmic86 hey what bios did you use as it is no longer in the Google drive? Appreciate the help!