Need a Razer Blade Pro 17 2070Max-q vbios

Discussion in 'Razer' started by HandsomeGhost, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Razer 15 crew!

I've also been trying to get my 2070MQ to draw 100W for more performance ever since I bought my Razer Blade 15 early last year.

I have the 8750H Blade 15 with the Blade 17 100W vBios working fine but I never see it actually pull 100W.

Is this related to owing a 8750H rather than the 9750H??

What's interesting is that I'm still seeing slightly better performance with the Blade 17's 100w vBios even though it is capped at 90w.

If I installed Synapse 3 like on the Blade 17 would that unlock the full 100w? I think I remember someone mentioning they only get the 100w when using the performance mode on Synapse 3...

Any input would be awesome! Cheers guys

2. nyichiban

nyichiban Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What have you used to test the wattage usage? I did heaven bench and it got over 90W but not up to 100W with the mod.

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Because The thermal limit is being reached. ALso pushign the Blade 15 is a sure way to just ruin the battery in a way shorter time span. The internal heat increases greatly.

Synapse 3 is just a single application with profiles for each devices stored unviersally. Synapse can select different powerstates. But if you unisntall it and dont readh 100watt still, you can be sure you are hitting the thermal limit which seems to be set at 77c for the Geforce 2070MQ. In my experience it keeps boosting until the 77c and after that it just fluctuates up and down to hold that max temperature.

4. zhere

zhere Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi razer crew

i have been eyeing the razer blade pro for a while now. recently saw a brand new offering for 1800 dollars is this a good deal or the laptop has too many problem to even consider.

Thanks in advance.

5. nyichiban

Reputations:
    What are the specs being offered at that price? Is it the normal $2600 spec? If it is and it is 1800 new then it's not a bad deal at all.

6. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Hi,

I'm not reaching thermal limit which is is set to 84 degrees it seems, the 9750h Blade 15 owners are using the 100w vbios for the RTX 2070MQ with good results, for some reason there's something different about the earlier 8750h 2070MQ Blade 15 that prevents using the 100w vbios and its really bugging me!!

Also, even though I'm still limited to 90w, using the Blade 17 2070MQ 100w vbios has improved performance, the voltage curve must be different or something.

Thanks for your reply by the way, I might uninstall synapse and try out synapse 3 but I heard it takes away the ability to use game mode with full fan control....

7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I see the thermal limit at 77c. in standard mode. Performance mode gets hotter but barely improves performance. THat might be the 84c you see. But again it is thermally constrained. I have the feeling that many users didnt properly test (never saw proper comparison benchmarks) but the Blade 15 already runs at the edge. If you want to see your battery go up like a balloon then it is something to play around with. If not then I would just leave it as is and would focus on getting your laptop as cool as possible.

8. nyichiban

Reputations:
    There is a difference between the 90W and 100W. I've posted gpu-z and hwinfo wattage for stock bios and the bios listed by the OP.

9. pitha1337

pitha1337 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just wanted to post my TS Score with the 100W GPU VBIOS. Very impressive results or what do you think ? Normal BIOS is stock and CPU and GPU is repasted with LM. On GPU I have +150/+400 Mhz. CPU -130Mv

Overall Score: 7581
    Graphics: 7759
    CPU: 6712

Razer Blade 15 Advanced Mid 2019, RTX 2070 MQ

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  10. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's a crazy good score!! I'm stuck at 90W even after flashing the 100W vBios of the Blade 17 because I have an early 8750H Blade with the 2070MQ and with an OC I only get around 6900 points in TS.... There's got to be a way around this limitation...

The weird thing is that running this 100W vBios has returned overall better results, even if it stops at 90W. Even the Blade 17 seems to sometimes stay at 90W unless using the proper power plan and if temps allow it.

Are you using the newer Synapse 3? I'm tempted to try it out but heard you lose manual fan control and I don't want to be unable to reinstall the old version again but it might be worth a try.