Need a fix: Run-time error '339' - Component "comdlg32.ocx" not correctly registered

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by fonduekid, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonduekid

fonduekid JSUTAONHTERBIRCKINTEHWLAL

Reputations:
    Dear All,

While trying to run the program "MiniAnalysis" from Synaptosoft (Demo Version) [http://www.synaptosoft.com/MiniAnalysis/index.html], I am receiving this error... (please see the pic)

I have used this program for many years till now, and I have never had a problem. I don't know if this is following the SP1 installation.

I have also checked on google and tried the following tips / suggestions, like HOW DO I FIX runtime error 339 and 'COMDLG32.OCX'? - Yahoo! Answers or Missing Comdlg32.ocx error while running an application? or similar - But nothing worked.

Can someone please tell me (asap) how I can fix this error? I kind of need to get this working urgently.

Just to make a note: There is a built-in utility within this program which runs fine. It's the main program which does not start up.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers.

2. Indrek

Indrek Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. fonduekid

Reputations:
    Thanks but running the system file checker returned nothing... the system is clean and good, and there aren't any violations.

The error remains :(

I've tried re-installing too.. but I still can't open the program.

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Looks like that software is quite old. It's entirely possible that SP1 broke compatibility with it. Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? If that doesn't work, and since you're on W7 Ultimate, you could try Windows XP mode. Virtualization might not be ideal, but you could probably get the software at least operational. I would also contact the developer to see if there's any chance of an update.

5. fonduekid

Reputations:
    Thanks for the pointer...

You know what? Actually, it was already set to run in Windows XP compatibility mode (now I remember it was from long back, when I was on Vista Ult., and I had installed this program - it didn't run normally in Vista Ult., and I had to run it in XP compatibility mode).

Then I upgraded to Windows 7 (but didn't change any settings in that program) and it was still working fine..

But for some reason, after SP1, it didn't work.

Now, after your post, I just tried removing the Windows XP compatibility mode, and now, when running it normally, it is working fine :) I have no idea what is happening 'behind-the-scenes', but it's working fine and well now..

Thanks a lot anyways.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.