NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Tatum36

Tatum36 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Ultra Male it looks like M$ is definitely playing games. So my job gave me a copy of Enterprise LTSC 2019 (1809) this morning. I was a little unfamiliar with this version, so I did a little research. It’s confusing as ever. M$ basically says it’s not recommended to install MS Office on LTSC, but only will allow Office 2019 to be installled. Why would they allow Office 2019 to install if I shouldn’t use Office on the OS in the first place? This doesn’t make any sense, in my opinion.

They also say I should use if using for general use. It sounds like bull.

2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    why in the world would you listen to anything Micro$h4ft tells j00? I have Windows 10 Enterprise with Office 365 installed.

Aroc, Arrrrbol and Papusan like this.
  3. Tatum36

Reputations:
    @Ultra Male, you have a point. I just figured that since LTSC 2019 recently released they wouldn’t blantantly give false info. Smh. Again, I didn’t know much about LTSC and didn’t want to put these all my programs on my computer and have crappy performance/experience. I never had all this with Win7.

4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    MSFT is correct in a way. LTSC are supported for 10 years and installing office 2030 won't work on LTSC 2019 because its too old unless you move to LTSC 2025 or switch to Semi Annual Targeting! If your enterprise uses SCCM or similar config to ship/deploy updates then you will be forcefully updated to latest version just like Pro or non LTSC versions and literally no point in installing LTSC license. I'd double check with system admin of your organisation and ask if there's any SCCM configuration like that!

5. Tatum36

Reputations:
    @Vasudev thank for your reply. My organization relies on manual updates. The system manager told me that computers connected to the server get get their updates deployed. In my case, the license is not connected directly to their affairs.

In regards to MS Office, I generally don’t keep a computer pass 5 years, so updating to Office 2030 under this system isn’t likely. I recently got a X1Carbon 6th edition. Good points though.

Thanks again,

Jim

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Then you're good to go.

7. Tatum36

Reputations:
    @Vasudev, M$ really made LTSC a barebones system. I have to check and make sure the .net frameworks are accessible. One thing is for sure, they had a lot spy features still active. :vbbiggrin:
    Thanks to @Ultra Male I’m able to have some control over my computer, sheesh. I will load my drivers and programs tomorrow. I’ll post my results.

Thanks again guys!

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Be smart...be like Ultra Male... [​IMG]

Aroc and jclausius like this.
  9. jorelking

jorelking Newbie

Reputations:
    @Ultra Male Was hoping you could help out with this. Reinstalled windows, been following everything but wanted to know how to change this;

Old: [​IMG]

Now: [​IMG]

I'd like to revert back to the old screenshot if possible.

Also for post #15 if these don't show up, but two from post 7 did, am I good to go or did I miss something along the way?
    "WinDefend" & "WdNisSvc" only show up.

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Regarding your first question, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    1) I don't use MS Paint. I use FastStone Capture for taking screenshots and making annotations in screenshots.
    2) I don't use the Windows 10 Start Menu, I use Open-Shell

Regarding your second question, if you don't see anything when you type defend in Autoruns, then you're good

When I run my registry tweak to disable Windows Defender Services, it gets rid of all those startup entries