NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 7, 2015.

1. ht_addict

ht_addict Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When you boot from the USB, I believe the first or second screen you get there should be an option lower left corner allowing you to pick "repair" Click that then pig Advanced. Then you can pick command prompt.

2. Tatum36

Tatum36 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, Guys!

Thanks again for the tip on how to get to the command prompt from a fresh install. When I downloaded the bootable file from M$ for Windows 10 I noticed they don’t provide an option for which Edition that is installed. I received a key for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations key from my job. It appears I have to add the key in the change product key section of Windows. Is this accurate?

Does anyone have any reviews of the Pro for Workstations Edition? Would I be better off buying the regular Pro key or having the job give me Enterprise? I mainly use this workbook for MS Office and work related IT programs such as SQL and web browsing and etc. but no gaming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jim

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    If you had taken the time to read the guide which I spent days compiling, you would've see this in the first post which allows to install whichever edition you wish without the need to upgrade later by entering your key in PC Setting!

How to select Windows Home or Pro when installing Windows 10

4. Tatum36

Reputations:
    My apologizes @Ultra Male I must have overlooked that post. I have been reading the NBR Windows 10 Clean Install. I was also trying to find information regarding which install to use. Pro, Pro with Workstations or Enterprise. I will read this now, though.

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Well, Pro for Workstations is exactly the same as pro with the addition of a new power plan which you can still get on any edition + a few more features which most would not care about, see:

What Is Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, and How Is It Different?

to add the Ultimate Performance power plan to any edition of Windows:

Enterprise has a few worthwhile features if you have a license for it like the ability to disable Windows Telemetry from the Group Policy Editor by setting its value to Enabled = 1 (Security Only) which only works on Enterprise but nothing substantial other than that for a home/power user although you will find a few group policy rules that say Enterprise only. Seems like Enterprise is what Pro should have been.

6. Tatum36

Reputations:
    Thanks @Ultra Male the Home/Pro post was spot on. Sound like I should add the Enterprise key. However, the Pro with Workstations is free as well, so I guess I should be able to work with it if necessary.

7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Anytime chief.

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Tatum36

Reputations:
    Last thing @Ultra Male, Using Enterprise, will I still need to disable the spyware or use some the steps listed for cleaning up Windows 10 Pro? O

9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Yes, it's the same POS OS. you just have more privileges in terms of rules you can allow/disable with Enterprise. Doesn't change the fact that it's made by the same clowns.

steberg, Woodking, Tatum36 and 2 others like this.
  10. Tatum36

Reputations:
    Got it. Thanks again!