NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Sakr3d

Sakr3d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Would you say it's best to wait for a new guide if I plan on doing this in six weeks or so? Just wondering if everything in the OP is still applicable today since it does seem that Win10 has changed alot since 2015.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Stay tuned for the Windows 10 Redstone 4 guide as soon as I can get my hands on the RTM ISO. It's better to wait now rather than do this all over again because you know upgrades never go smoothly.

3. ATCSMike

ATCSMike Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The ones I wouldn't install is Nahimic VR and Tridef VR. I have the same laptop and the Tridef software for the camera, you have to buy and I didn't like the way it worked. And I don't do VR. You can find free camera programs like the one from Cyberlink.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  4. jaydoc79

jaydoc79 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

I followed the guide from the first 3 pages of this thread. Everything is good, except that there is a persistent message for Windows Update - "Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" When I click on the "check for updates" button there are no updates available. Windows build info is stuck on 16299.64.

Is this because there are no more updates available? Or is this a problem that needs to be fixed?

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Try the standalone updates https://www.tenforums.com/windows-1...windows-10-v1709-build-16299-251-mar-5-a.html

Vasudev and Georgel like this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    ughhh, that's because you need to do your Windows updates? :rolleyes:

7. jaydoc79

jaydoc79 Newbie

Reputations:
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Some updates only show up after installing a 3rd party antivirus as they change one registry key. This is a Windows big. Your best bet is to install the MSU update manually

Vasudev likes this.
  9. jaydoc79

jaydoc79 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am using Windows 10 Education version on this laptop. Is it possible that this is why the updates are not being installed like they should after I applied the tweaks? Thanks.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The msu pkg is same for Home/Pro/education retail or VLK licenses. The msu packages are intended when you clean install and get super annoyed for waiting a long time to update Windows.
    Before that, try Dism++ with these options checked:
    WinSxs older/residual files Cleanup,WinSxs temp, Winsxs backup, WU download cache, WU installation history.