NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    You cannot hide updates in Windows 10. Why would you wanna hide them anyway? Office updates are good.

PS: Office 2016 will be released on the 22nd of September so I didn't even install Office for now. I have an Office 365 Subscription so it entitles me to use the latest Office for 9 USD a month + 1 TB of OneDrive storage for 5 users + 60 mins free Skype Calling minutes every month. Not a bad deal :)

Mari1225 likes this.
  2. AhmedouviX

AhmedouviX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's why i want to hide them :D i am waiting the office 2016.

about that deal. 9$ is the cost of calling my father in UAE from egypt for 20 mins i think. thank you for letting me know about it, it can be a life savior for me if it's still available :D

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It's always abailable, it will allow you to install Office (latest version) on 5 PCs and/or MACs and 5 diff. mobile devices like iPads or tablets so that's a total of 10 devices.

Out of the 5 users for PCs/Macs, you login to your MS Office My Account then send the users an invitation, they must have a valid .passport email like @live.com or @outlook.com

I used my Gmail address to register so it is now considered as an MS passport account as well. This way with my Gmail, I can login to OneDrive, Skype, Office, etc.

My friend who just purchased the same subscription had Office 2016 installed on his Mac. Kinda funny how Micro$h4ft releases the 2016 version for Mac months before the PC version. I think they are smoking something.

Here is the link: https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/office

Choose Office 365 Home not Personal. Pesonal is for 1 user only, Home is for 5 users + 5 mobile tablets/iPads + free 60 min skype call minutes every month! a big time saver + 1 TB storage on OneDrive for each of the users so everytime you invite someone, their Micorosft Account ID gets registered under your My Office Account page and they get the access to Office and 1TB of OneDrive storage.

4. AhmedouviX

AhmedouviX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you so much, subscribing!

btw eset nod32 is so awesome. the last time i used it was in 2011 i think. too many stuff changed :D

my windows 10 is complete. just coretemp isn't working i can't find the reason but i will search for alternative

EDIT: RealTemp is the alternative.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Ultra Male likes this.
  5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Perfect! Gotta love hearing success stories :)

ESET FTW!

AhmedouviX likes this.
  6. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    10$ BTW. Ithought nowadays people are immune to off numbers.

alexhawker and AhmedouviX like this.
  7. littlecx

littlecx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i suggest you to add "how to go back to the old clock and volume control"
    and i will install audio switcher to switch between internal speaker and usb sound card output fast

8. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    I learned something about turning off notifications suck as the clock and the notification center. I forgot and a Google search didn't provide the answer but how do you keep Windows 10 from uploading system updates in a Peer to Peer environment?

I enabled metered connection in my Wifi settings but not sure if that's all I need to do.

9. Cass-Olé

Cass-Olé Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How to stop 10 from using your PC's bandwidth to update strangers' systems
    Win Update > Advanced > Choose how updates are delivered > set it to off:
    • Off: disables the peer-to-peer update feature entirely. Updates will only be downloaded from M$ servers & won’t be uploaded to anywhere
    • PCs on my local network: This is the best option. With this enabled, you’ll benefit from peer-to-peer updates on your home or work network. This means faster downloads & less download bandwidth used. You’ll only have to download the updates once & they’ll be shared amongst all your PCs. Your PC will never upload updates over the Internet.
    • PCs on my local network, and PCs on the Internet: This option is the default, although it probably shouldn’t be. With this enabled, 10 will upload updates from your PC to other computers over the Internet. These computers would normally just download updates from M$, but M$ will save on bandwidth because they’re getting some updates from your Internet connection.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    O&O ShutUp10 is all you need to stop all privacy concerns and these annoying new features.

toughasnails and Cass-Olé like this.