NBR Forums Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by Charles P. Jefferies, May 6, 2011.

1. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, I think this came with edge but uninstalled that bugger as much as possible anyways. Uh I can try palemoon latest version next time I login. No worries just see that thread poke up now and again and wanted to comment. To the effect that with a 3rd party manual permission only firewall I get quite a few CCleaner wanting to do something requests, always denied by me, but even when I tell it to remember CCleaner always gets through no idea why. I've gone into the tiresome settings and set it to basically do nothing, no maintenance etc bc all I want is to clean out junk piling up when I want to run it myself. Have not found a comparable easy to use software that does that and of course my older CCleaners that have worked for years are no longer allowed by M$ to work.

2. hertzian56

Reputations:
    Anyone notice that this site seems way slow lately? It's not on my end I can load all other sites and they're zippy, this one takes much longer to just navigate.

3. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    No issues here, try flushing your cache? could also run a tracert and see if you got a laggy hopping point

Papusan likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  5. hertzian56

Reputations:
    I'm not sure what you guys mean, I have a bookmark to the forum. My browser doesn't save anything after exiting. What cache are you talking about? Like I said all other sites work just fine except this one in the last week or so.

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Is DoH enabled through browser? If its Firefox you can type about:networking and go to DNS & click Clear DNS Cache and see if it fixed your issue. For Chrome, I don't know how to clean DNS Cache.
    Like Papusan mentioned, check if browser is configured with higher fallback time when using HTTPS -> HTTP which would explain the behaviour you're seeing.

Papusan likes this.
  7. hertzian56

Reputations:
    Yes I see what it is when I use pale moon, much faster there. Ok once I "allow" http only for this site it is fine now, however I didn't change any settings in firefox manually so the updated firefox I got a few days ago must have made some change with regards http etc by itself to cause this issue.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So, my ISP decided to terminate its email services, now I am forced to search for an alternative. I did my research, and found that mail.com to be a very good alternative. I do not like gmail, nor outlook, but as I try to change it to a mail.com domain, the site tells me it has been banned. I also see that protonmail has been banned as well. What other domains will be next? So in order to remain on the forums, I must choose an approved email domain?

9. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    IIRC protonmail was banned because a lot of spam accounts were derived from that domain but cant recall anything about mail.com

Vasudev and katalin_2003 like this.
  10. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Use gmail or something else ...certain domains are banned due to high spam volume.

Charles