NBR Forum Advertisements causing high CPU & RAM usage

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by Robbo99999, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chezzzz

chezzzz Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    sincere thanks Charles, I certainly appreciate your advice and i will try that right away and see if it changes anything ....hope so ! will report back and let you know.

thanks again Charles, you are absolutely right ....changing to vB 3.x - Fluid SOLVES the issues (in Firefox). Frankly the admin should make this "Fluid style" the default style for all registered members ......for months I have been struggling on the NBR forums based on the issues I described, and for some years even before I actually registered as a member, I would truly bemoan coming to these forums to research anything ...for fear of my browser constantly crashing over and over again. Thanks again for your most helpful advice, truly glad that I stumbled upon this particular thread . funny thing is, I was actually checking this specific forum "site suggestion" to write a post to complain because I am in the process of reading / researching a thread with approx 500 pages ....and it has been torture given that before I switched to this "Fluid style" my browser kept crashing suddenly after reading only a few pages. Thanks Again for all your help !

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Thanks for checking back, I'm glad it worked for you.

Best,
    Charles