NBR Apple Core

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Redline, Jul 12, 2008.

1. kobe

kobe Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    hello y'all. After over 15 yrs of windows, I have just made the jump to OSX and have been using it for a few days and I must say that I'm impressed. Bought a refurbished macbook 2010 unibody white for $300. Just wanted to share this.

2. Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello! I am a medical student from India. My use for buying notebook is web surfing, ebooks, documents, MS office, photo editing for my DSLR images and short-film editing (sometimes).

I can't decide which macbook I should buy in 13". One one hand I am getting an offer for latest 5th gen core-i5 128GB 13" macbook air for $850 (53,500 INR), on other macbook pro 13" 128GB model with 8GB RAM, brilliant IPS panel retina display, better processor and new touchpad for $1185 (74,600 INR).

The price difference is too much $335 (21,000 INR). Does it worth it as per my needs mentioned above? I think only 4GB of RAM looks very low in air. I can't decide which one I should go with. Please help me out there

3. paopaokk

paopaokk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have iPhone 5 and just bought IPad air 2 last month.

Rafix likes this.
  4. Mixtli

Mixtli Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    MBPr 15, thinking of downgrading to a 13.

5. Bytes-N-Stuff

Bytes-N-Stuff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone!

I have a 15inch MacBook Pro Retina screen (2013 Model) and I love it. I upgraded from a 2009 15 inch MacBook Pro.

I do a lot of Tech Support for some well off people in the area who like to upgrade their Apple Computers every couple of years and I've been able to obtain their older models at a decent discount and trade for work, because of this I decided I should be selling some of these laptops. You'd be surprised how many people are more then happy to give you their older computers as payment for services, even if it's worth 2-3 times the amount you'd charge them in the first place just because it's easier (and safer) for them :)

6. LouisXIV

LouisXIV Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Good morning!

I have got a question regarding the function keys on Macbooks and their functionality under both OS X and Windows 8 and upwards.
    Right now I own a Samsung 900X3G and am growing increasingly tired of requiered background services as well as missing or corrupt software updates.
    Repeatedly updates of software from Samsung have caused problems in combination with the latest Windows updates and I am more often than not left with non functional function keys due to the background services crashing.
    Therefore devices sold from the developers of software - think Microsoft Surface, Google Nexus and Apple Mac - are slowly growing on me.
    Just to make sure I don't fall for a misconception I would like to ask you if I am under the right assumption that for Macbooks there are no background services needed, neither under OS X nor Windows, for the fn keys to function and that need to be installed and serviced by the user but that they are implemented deeply into the OS and if needed regularly serviced by Apple?

7. D1ego

D1ego Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi there! iPhone 4s on borad