Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's why there is people like me whom takes a company's we can't do it because of XYZ and prove them wrong.

I was one of the original people whom contacted nahimic when nahimic 3 was first release showing that 6th series and there for 7th series MSI laptops would work with the UAD drivers even offered to help then test said drivers.

It was the same with the MXM upgrade mess MSI created. To me if a company says "no" I say challenge accepted. All it took with nahimic was 3 files to be edited to add device ID's and boom it all works.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

2. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Right, The latest Nahimic Realtek 6.0.1.8531 drivers are out, I have modded the drivers, as well as setuping up an self extracting executable which will run setup.exe after extracting to c:\Nahimic .

I will be looking for some testers with the following Device ID's

Code:
    VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_14621158

VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_1462115B

VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_14621180

This can be found via dxdiag under the Sound 1 tab listed as Hardware ID, if your unsure then PM me or post on this thread.

So if your currently running Nahimic 2/2+ and are running Windows 10 build 1803 on wards please post your ID's in here, this way after each testing batch I can add new hardware id's to the driver mods.

For now testing will be done via PM where instructions can be given on how to install the modded drivers (This is to ensure consistency of successful installs) so if you fancy a punt at these drivers I will need the following in a pm

Code:
    MSI Model:

Current OS Build:

Dxdiag Hardware ID from Sound 1 Tab:

In return if Nahimic 3 works on your system please let me know and also any issues or bugs.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

3. Eflatun

Eflatun Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone help me? What is the latest version of the current sound card driver for MSI GT73VR 6RE and what is the nahmic version same laptop? MSI official drivers on their site are old.Thanks.

4. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @Eflatun might be handy to have your device ID bud, this can be found under the Sound 1 Tab in dixdiag under Hardware ID.

5. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    sometimes DXDiag does not fully display the hardware ID of the Realtek audio device.

Get the hardware ID number of the Realtek audio device from Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) instead:
    https://www.dell.com/support/articl...ivers-for-devices-using-a-hardware-id?lang=en
    [expand the Sound, Video and Game controllers section of Device Manager and look for either "Realtek High Definition Audio" or "Realtek Audio"]

6. asm1

asm1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Currently Running MSI GE 63 7RE driver version 8544

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_146211F7&REV_1000

Nahimic 3 version 1.23

No issues... yet.

7. Bazgrim

Bazgrim Newbie

Reputations:
    6.0.1.8531 seems to be working on Win10 build 1809 with hardware ID: 14621158. (MSI GS60)
    Followed your instructions, although had to disable Windows from updating the drivers automatically.

You are a godsend @hacktrix2006

Btw nearly all the mediafire links that you've posted are down. Including the ones on your github page.

If anyone is looking for the latest UAD Nahimic driver, you can find it here: http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/realtek_nahimic_UAD_audio.zip straight from MSI

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  8. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @Bazgrim the links provided on Github are CHEF-KOCH's ,it was where i was getting them from however i do have a 6.0.1.8531 Installed on my system to which i modded and made into a Self-extracting installer. However i Will update the mod with your ID's in once you confirm what codec yours is yes ID is 14621158 but as was the codec i.e 899/892/662/1220 etc you didn't say.

All my links will be Mega links once i have started dishing out the modded version.

@asm1 your ID is already in the driver, however its not in the AVoluteNH3Ext.inf file so can you tell me if the effects are working without your ID being in AVoluteNH3Ext.inf file.

I have repackaged the Modded installer/extractor with the new ID's.

Modded Install Download Link:
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#!bUUUnSgZ!LXm-aG3JCPSPwWmgQGskYVhAhlTcjepXP64rMJLbFQU

This will automatically Extract the driver to c:\Nahimic and then promptly run setup.exe, Allow all unsigned .inf installs (Should be 3 of them). Then let me know how it goes.

The only requirements to this driver is Windows 10 Build 1803 and above with Driver Enforcement Disabled, then install Nahimic 3 from the Windows Store:
    Code:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23

Realtek Audio Control Panel:
    Code:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 7:33 AM
  9. Bazgrim

Bazgrim Newbie

Reputations:
  10. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    That ID is added in the latest Modded driver linked above your post