Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    I have noticed this myself however that can only be done manually and can not be scripted or atleast to my knowledge. Glad your enjoying the Drivers though. If i find away to automate this i will add it in.

Edit: Reading up on it now seems it can be done with registry edits so most certainly doable.

Edit 2: I have made a reg patch will find a way to intergrate it into the installer.

Edit 3: I have now added it to the installer script ready for next driver version release, I will however require that people using Optimus System during its Beta Testing phase so please let me know if you'd like to test the Beta Driver when i make the next Beta Tester roll call.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    eiraku likes this.
  2. eiraku

eiraku Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, just wanted to put up a link to the Reddit post and already this. Man, you're fast.

Kudos!

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  3. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    As i have said on Reddit with the Modded driver you get support on issues and fixes made quickly, I am a man of my word. After all MSI are driver versions behind whilst myself am several drivers ahead. The uploading of the AIO Modded drivers takes longer then me modding the drivers everytime.

Edit: Just tested the new script and it works like it should. So Optimus issue for Nahimic 3 using dGPU instead of iGPU should now be fixed.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    eiraku likes this.
  4. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Right i am going to be needing Beta Testers again, @JeanLegi if your up for it, I also need users that have a Laptop which has Optimus Tech for the test as well.

If your interested in testing Driver Version 8804.1 with the new fixes and your running a Optimus Tech laptop that switches from iGPU to dGPU please DM me that your interested and i will invite you to a closed Testing session.

Edit: Install created and Uploaded ready for Beta Testers.

@eiraku Seems i know your an Optimus Laptop user i will add you to this beta, hope you don't mind.

Edit 2: Beta Closed session is now started.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  5. Jageruao3

Jageruao3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, as i understand i have that kind of laptop.
    But i have question, i not sure if it was you, but i see someone who mod the Nvidia drivers, and i want to know whats the difference, what that mod do to driver

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    I think i was talking with you on Reddit?

As for your question the Modded drivers i supply are always the Latest version (MSI's download page is known not to get updated as often as it should), it also allows people whom have Nahimic 1/2/2+ systems to use Nahimic 3.

The installer also has intergrated fixes and options for every user, so you can install the Latest Realtek drivers with or without Nahimic as well as repair Nahimic etc.

The beta version is to test a fix where Nahimic 3 Application is set not to use the Dedicated GPU on optimus thus no more Orange light when you open Nahimic or it service is running.

I have also just added you to the Beta Testing Convo so you can test the latest drivers with the fixes included. All infomation is there that you'll need.

7. Jageruao3

Reputations:
    Sorry but i am not really visiting Reddit.
    Just want to ask about that Nvidia staff. But you doing good job, try that last driver Realtek and it works good. Some times windows update trying to update it to 8622, but it works good

8. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    If you using my modifed driver that should stop, If you Talking about Nvidia Optimus, the new Realtek drivers force Nahimic 3 UWP to use the Intel GPU rather then the Nvidia GPU thus the Nvidia GPU should be constantly on idle now when Nahimic 3 is open.

I don't mod the Nvidia GPU drivers i leave that to the pro's @j95 and @alanfox2000 .
    As the saying goes to many chiefs spoil the broth.

If you look in the important section it tells you how to fully stop Microsoft from overriding the driver.

9. Jageruao3

Reputations:
    Do you know why they modded the Nvidia drivers? I dont understand what they can chenge.

But yes, i did that from important section, but Microsoft trying to overwrite it to 8622 anyway, so i did one time and just rollback after that with choosing the reason that my software dont run good

10. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Modded drivers normally adds Device ID's to them so they can be installed on aftermarket upgraded laptops or desktops, even if the OEM/ODM doesn't add support themselves.

So modded drivers have tweaks in them to in order to help performance or improve performance, add or remove functions etc.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk