Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have, it's working on my GT72-6QD and another asked with the 1158 line and it worked.

@Falkentyne for now have a rest but don't make yourself ill. I am home now and will do a clean mod run.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just let me know when you can make another mod run for me.
    I'd really like to try the newer drivers.

right now I don't even use the built in sound if Im gaming. I use my Sennheiser GSX-1000 I bought for $99 (a few years ago) after a pricing error they had to honor. If Nahimic 3 can provide decent 5.1 or 7.1 emulated surroundsound close in quality to the GSX-1000 I'll be happy. but I can't even get the 8509 realtek drivers installed. Something is making it think my hardware isn't supported. And it's nothing I did screwing around in the Bios either (since MSI's own files work as long as it is from NH2, even realtek's drivers on their own realtek homepage work!).

3. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne Here you go fellow brother, give these a try but please bare in mind these is for Windows 10 64bit driver just in case you installed Windows 7 or 8 i know that might be swearing so apologies for that in advance.

This is how i install the drivers for me after i have read the Inf Placement.txt file i made and placed the modded.inf files in the right place.

Code:
    1) Run setup.exe and allow the Realtek Audio Drivers to get uninstalled, it will then ask if you want to restart select no
    2) Go to Start -> Power Icon then press and hold shift followed by clicking restart
    3) This will bring a menu up select Troubleshooting > Advanced Options then select Startup Settings then finally click restart
    4) On system rebooting it will give you some options just press 7 or F7
    5) With Driver Signature Enforcer Disabled the the Realtek Audio driver setup.exe will autorun
    6) Select Install Drivers on all pop ups that show up during install.
    7) It will ask if you want to download Nahimic 3 from the Windows Store (If you don't want to go down that route PM me)

That should then get Nahimic 3 working on your system hopefully with sound.

@felix3650 If you want to also try as well as you have the same laptop as Falkentyne please feel free to do so and follow the above steps.

Attached Files:

4. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Doesn't work.
    Exact same error as before.
    "Does not support your hardware" :(

5. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Is this the driver or nahimic?

6. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    The realtek driver.
    It starts installing then the "unsigned driver" thing appears, I press 'install anyway' then it bombs with "your hardware is not supported."

7. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Note that the Realtek HDA drivers from the Reatlek web site are traditional HDA drivers, while the 8509 drivers from the Github CHEF-KOCH/gaming tweaks site are UAD drivers, which have a different structure (or different format for simplicity sake) than the HDA drivers; plus UAD drivers require recent versions of Windows 10 and will not work with older versions.

The Nahimic 3 app from the MS Store is a UWP app [UWP = universal windows platform]
    Nahimic 1.x & 2.x apps are desktop apps, which is different; again different structure between Nahimic 1.x/2.x and Nahimic 3.x.

Also when using Realtek UAD drivers on MSI laptops, one needs at least Windows 10 version 1803 (Redstone 4) for best Nahimic 3 support. Nahimic 3 might work with the 1709 (Redstone 3) version if recent cumulative updates for that version are applied but will definitely not work with any older version of Windows 10 before the 1709 release.

guys, please check if you are running Windows 10 v1709 (RS3) or v1803 (RS4) before attempting to install new Realtek audio drivers on those MSI laptops.

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  8. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Well that explains that. I am using Enterprise March 2017 (build 1703). I have 1709 somewhere but I haven't installed it.

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  9. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Ha ha that would explain it, even though your on Windows 10 your not on the right build number, hummmmmm right going to see if I can mod that out and will test it my end before posting.

Falkentyne likes this.
  10. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's a dick move on the part of Nahimic and MSI, in particular.

For one, without Nahimic, some audio settings are simply unavailable, yet the same bloatware actually uses Realtek APIs for audio post-processing.
    And with MSI: Why gimp the realtek HD audio driver you provide to the extent that without Nahimic, audio is basically unusable?
    This was the case with my older MSI GS43VR 6RE.