Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. OneOnline

OneOnline Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello! I can't get Nahimic to work. I turn on the effects but nothing happens, I hear a normal sound. Drivers are installed (i tried both, the latest 8777.1 and 8765.1). A month ago, everything worked for me with your build, but I had to reinstall Windows last week. Previously, the sound device was called Nahimic, and everything worked. But now it's called Realtek (R) Audio. I reinstalled Windows twice, to the most recent build. I'm sure I tried everything. What should I do?

Also on a clean system, I could not install everything for the first time. I had to go into the uwp folder and install Net Native Runtime. It does not come with Windows and is not installed by your program.

I have installed Dolby Atmos, and it works fine. Its presence in the system did not interfere with Nahimic's work, and I could switch between them.

I can’t enable SecureBoot, but I don’t think that it somehow interferes with Nahimic. I have not turned it on for a long time, when I just tried Nahimic, and everything worked. In the BIOS, I see that the system is in Setup mode, and to enable SecureBoot it must be in User mode or something like that.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    @OneOnline Just a few questions.

Right main question your defo installinig this on an MSI Branded Laptop? Never heard Audio showing up as Nahimic in Device Manager. Secondly SecureBoot was Disabled before running my driver mod installer? Its need to be disabled so it can reboot the system into test signing mode to install the Modified drivers. Thirdly Net Native Runtime should be installed during Nahimic's UWP install.

So if you can please screen shot me your dxdiag Sound tab please so i can see what Audio Chipset you have i can then check the files as 8777.1 and 8765.1 has had a file change forcing me to mod one extra file.

If your system is MSI also which model so i can check that too, as this driver mod is for Intel 4th 5th 6th and 7th gen systems if you have an 8th or 9th gen system you should really be using Nahimics own drivers.

3. OneOnline

Reputations:
    1) I have a motherboard MSI Z270 SLI PRO. Perhaps the name of the audio was "Nahimic" after installation according to this instruction: https://dldolby.blogspot.com/2018/06/nahimic-3-for-windows-10-64bit.html
    But I do not remember exactly, maybe after your installer. The main thing is that it was there.

2) Yes, SecureBoot is disabled.

3) Net Native Runtime was not installed and an error occurred during the installation through PowerShell, so Nahimic was not installed. However, I fixed this by manually installing Net Native Runtime, and the full installation through your program was successful.

[​IMG]

I don’t know what the problem is, but your previous version worked on my old Windows. Now none of them work now. Everything is installed, but Nahimic does not change the sound.

4. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Ok check Windows Sound properties and see if Enhancements is enabled, does Nahimic APO showing in software components section of device manager?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

5. OneOnline

Reputations:
    I do not have such a tab with these drivers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Will have a look on my system.

Ediit: Just checked the images and all seems to be set correctly.

So i take it no Audio equaliser works for you at all? If this is the case you could try something.

Download this: LINK

It will download a file called A-Volute.zip, in that zip is a file called NH3ProductSettings.cab extract that file and replace that within the c:\Audio\8777.1\Win64\ThirdParty\A-Volute\OEM INF Extension - MSI folder then re-install the full version mode again to see if it works.

Then let me know the outcome, as my NH3ProductSettings.cab is modded and the one i linked you is not.

If it works i guess then i will be adding a checkbox in for the Patched version.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    OneOnline likes this.
  7. OneOnline

Reputations:
    Yeah it works, thank you!
    Last time, I probably did not remove the driver, but simply updated Nahimic through your program. Therefore, everything worked for me according to the old guide on that site.
    And don't forget to add a Net Native Runtime installation before installing Nahimic. Without a manual installation, I would never be able to complete the installation process, and it happened 2 times, on different iso images of Windows 10. Perhaps it will be installed sometime later if I install any applications from the Windows Store, but I decided to install Nahimic first.

8. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Glad to hear it, as for the Net runtime here is the command run for installing Nahimic

Code:
    Add-appxPackage -Path "uwp\A-Volute.Nahimic_1.3.2.0_neutral___w2gh52qy24etm.AppxBundle" -DependencyPath "uwp\Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.3_1.3.24211.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx, uwp\Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4_1.4.24201.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx"

As you can see its called to be installed at the same time, however there are a few apps that can stop this one happens to be Skype if that is running in background it will cause the Native Runtime to fail during the install, there is nothing i can do that will fix that.

the RTKAIO.ahk fiile can be opened to check this.

So next driver i will not mod the .cab file and see how that goes for people that had the issue with noth Equaliser showing as it might be fixed in later builds.

9. OneOnline

Reputations:
    You can install "Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4_1.4.24201.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx" before rebooting into safe mode (after clicking the Full Install button) and everything will work.

Here is my error:

AppX Deployment operation failed for package A-Volute.Nahimic_1.3.2.0_neutral___w2gh52qy24etm with error 0x80073CF3. The specific error text for this failure is: Windows cannot install package A-Volute.Nahimic_1.3.2.0_neutral___w2gh52qy24etm because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x64 processor architecture and minimum version 1.4.24201.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4" currently installed are: {}

By the way, it looks like the Windows Store is removing these packages. Now I started it, and instead of saying that it was already installed, I was asked to install it (Nahimic and Realtek Audio Console are installed).

10. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Seams strange that its removing the UWP's which build of Windows are you running? i.e 1803/1809/1903? See neither of these issues i have seen on my installs and i clean install Windows 10 often without issues. Now i could be my coding in AHK (Which i am new to) means that the second uwp to be called via the dependency switch is being ignored which means i simply add that as its own install during the UWP install, I can add it to the begining because UWP's get removed so will have a look in to changing the installer on next build to install Native Runtime before Nahimic's own UWP.