Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Gamer@Knight

Gamer@Knight Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Please use the Driver from GT75VR 8RG plus this one https://nahimic.helprace.com/i734-new-nahimic-3-audio-driver-update. All other Drivers above that come with GT75VR 9th and beyond don't work with my GT73VR. I can install the Driver but i have no Sound.

The combination that i use works well.

2. Beemo

Beemo BGA is totally TSK TSK!

Reputations:
    I no longer use Nahimic for several months now since I already got a great pair of headphones paired with a DAC+AMP. Right now I'm just looking for the lastest unmodded Realtek drivers without the Nahimic and I couldn't find an official source except from my laptop manufacturer's page which are now outdated since 2017. I thought I'd ask the modders as to where they get their latest drivers from.

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  3. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    You do know my new installer includes the install without Nahimic in it.

Also try alanfox2000 GitHub.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

4. Danny__L

Danny__L Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a GT73VR 7RE. For some reason I can't open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I've tried to fix this issue for hours but I can't figure out what's wrong. My Task Manager shows that Realtek HD Audio Manager is running but I don't have the icon for it in my taskbar. When I try to open it from Program Files>Realtek>Audio>HDA>RtkNGUI64.exe, I get the window down in my taskbar but it's like broken and won't maximize. The pic below shows how this little piece of the window is the only thing that pops up, clicking anywhere on it just minimizes it back down.
    [​IMG]
    I've tried uninstalling the Realtek driver and installing other ones. Even tried the ones off of the GT73VR 7RE support page. Still isn't working. I think I read that new drivers that came with Windows updates don't work with the Audio Manager but I can't even get the window to open with older drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

5. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I tried the "Repair Install" option, now I've got only Realtek without any Nahimic.

6. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @Danny_L If that driver was direct from microsoft then the control panel for Realtek Audio is the Realtek Audio Console UWP : https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln

@Shadowex3 which repair did you use there is two of them

Repair/Upgrade Driver <Just does the Driver>
    Repair Nahimic <Just sorts Nahimic issues>

If you used Nahimic one, go to c:\Audio\8765.1 and remove the following file RTKAIO.ahk i noticed there is a mistake in there, download the attached one and then extract it to c:\Audio\8765.1 folder then run the Launch.exe file and try again.

Attached Files:

7. Danny__L

Danny__L Newbie

Reputations:
    Tried to do that but I keep getting an error when trying to install it (Code: 0x803FB005). I looked up ways to fix that error, messing with services, resetting/reinstalling windows store, running the Update & Security troubleshooter on windows update and windows store apps, SFC Scan & DISM, etc.

Got rid of everything related to Realtek, Nahimic, and A-Volute through uninstalling, deleting everything with a MFT search, and clearing out my registry except for systemroot stuff.

Thought that would be a clean install for the Realtek driver. I guess not.

I'm not really sure what else I can do besides a clean windows reinstall and hope that cleans up this mess caused by windows, realtek, and nahimic.

I use an Astro A40 TR-X headset with an Astro TR Mixamp Pro. I don't even use the Realtek inputs/outputs. I leave them disabled and only have my headset enabled as my Default playback device and my headset microphone enabled as my default recording device. Everything else is disabled. My problem is in discord I don't use push-to-talk. I just use voice activity, but if I have my headset volume loud enough (or the sounds are loud enough), they get picked up by my mic input pretty clearly and it causes my mic to activate even though I'm not talking.

All I wanted to do was get into the Realtek HD Audio Manager or the Realtek Audio Control app (if it actually has that option in the Advanced Device Settings, not sure) and enable the setting to "separate all input jacks as independent devices" as I've heard that can fix the issue of output being picked up by the mic input.

For now I've just resorted to still using voice activity but instead of automatically determining input sensitivity, I manually set the input sensitivity to just above the peak dB input that my output is giving off at max volume.

That is a compromising fix in my opinion. Ideally there should be absolutely no mic input showing in discord if I'm not making noise into the mic. But for some reason high volume output is bleeding into mic input and it's driving me crazy.

I know for sure it's not physical bleed from the actual headset speakers to the mic because I have the A40 mod kit which makes the headset a closedback, noise cancelling headset. When my volume is going full blast, the headset microphone level in the OS Sounds window isn't showing any input in the green bar. But in discord it's showing input going off. When I use the windows voice recorder and record without talking but say a youtube music video full blast, it picks it up.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  8. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @Danny_L that means then you don't have a UAD driver installed but a HDA driver installed. What system do you have aka what model number? Is it a 4th 5th 6th 7th gen system because if it was an 8th gen or 9th gen the driver would be installed directly from microsoft as a UAD driver.

If you have either a 4th 5th 6th 7th gen system the only way for you to be able to use Nahimic 3 is though the modded driver i supply as the modded driver is also UAD, this means things like Realtek Audio Console and Nahimic 3 will work without issues. If your only after Realtek Audio Console and Realtek Drivers the modded installer has an option for that called Install without nahimic, else you can use the Full install button to install everything including Nahimic 3.

Otherwise the only non modded way is to continue using HDA drivers which are not always upto date, If your worried about anything simple extract the executeable and read though the .PS1 and .AHK files as well as check the VirusTotal score which has a 0 score marking.

There is no need for a clean install If you have Windows 1809/1903 (only ones i will support as i am on the latter and the others are EOL) then follow the instructions and enjoy.

9. Danny__L

Danny__L Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry was editing my post as you replied. Please read the extent of my problem above to get a better idea of what I'm trying to fix. Maybe I don't even need to mess around with Realtek Audio software and maybe the problem is actually with my headset/mixamp. I don't know.

10. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    The like chances are Windows 10 later build don't support that file running after all the driver itself is out of date.

have you tried: https://www.realtek.com/en/agree-to-download?downloadid=cb2546d1986fc517e4f1569ce29b6608