Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Ok. I have fired up my DevOps VM (what I use to do the drivers etc) will have a check. At the same time I will sort out and uninstaller for use with testing and will throw a link up for this. So I will finish my brew (Need to wake up), then get cracking on it. But please note the way Nahimic 3 and Realtek Audio console is packed hasn't changed since the one that works the only thing that has is the files from Microsoft store. It's the same with the drivers they are done the same way (whole idea of running the VM) to try a keep everything as consistent as possible.

I will update or reply to this thread once I have had a look.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

2. mnomaanw

mnomaanw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If i install 8614 and later uninstall it and install a newer one, everything works. The last time we did this, you asked me to install Microsoft VCLibs.140.00, Microsoft Native DotNet, Microsoft Dot Net Framework. But it did not work even after that. It works without installing these 3 things if i install 8614 straight away (which means VC and dot net files arent really needed?).

Could it be some dependency that my setup is lacking that the old driver/RTK/Nahimic combo had included? and maybe current versions from Realtek and Nahimic have those removed?

Also, you said you have GT72s 6QD, did you try doing a clean install of windows 10 1809 and then install one of the newer drivers and see if you get the tabs in Nahimic? I have GT72S 6QE, which is supposed to have ESS Sabre HiFi DAC if that makes any difference.

3. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Rebuilding just Nahimic 3 right now, noticed there was some " missing. Although doesn't explain why it worked on mine with the recent clean install of 19H1 or when I did clean install of 1809.

Give me a few to pack it and will upload it. For now just uninstall Nahimic 3.

Edit: Uploading it now, so if you have an issue with Nahimic please send me a DM so I can test a link for you to test.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  4. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
  5. a63548

a63548 Newbie

Reputations:
    As far as I can tell, everything is working great in Nahimic. Before installing your driver, when I finally got Nahmic to show up, it did not affect anything audio wise. On your driver, it's like night and day. The audio sounds amazing, and can be tweaked :)

6. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    OK some great news as the saying goes no rest for the Wicked, or in my case no rest for my Data bill lol.

So new Driver is now in testing which no longer requires you to uninstall the UWP apps called Realtek Audio Console or Nahimic 3 as this is done via the installer I will be looking into making it all automated soon enough where the whole thing is automated like

-Uninstalls Driver
    -Reboots into Driver Signature Enforcement off
    -Uninstalls the Realtek Audio Console and Nahimic 3
    -Installs new Audio drivers, Realtek Audio Console and Nahimic 3
    -Reboots into system again without Driver Signature Enforcement being off

This will then hopefully not only make it easier for you guys/girls/etc but should reduce the whole headache overall. The only thing end user will need to do is to disable Secure Boot in the bios but this will require a complete scratch build of the installer and how it works. So i will need Beta testers more so whom are willing to take the risk and can report issues well.

If i can get enough i can start a Group on an encrypted platform to where we can communicate safely and send new builds that way.

Once the current tester has finished with the new driver and AOK's it then i will post it up on here, after all if it wasn't for @mnomaanw for the fix in the driver the whole driver issue that user was experiencing wouldn't be fixed at all and the stutters i was getting without the fix would still be there.

a63548 likes this.
  7. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    New Driver Update with Uninstaller of UWP Apps

Realtek_UAD_6.0.1.8694.1_MSI_Nahimic_UWP_mod (ONLINE!)

Made By:hacktrix2006

Disclaimer: This Driver Modification is for MSI Systems listed below! Myself nor NotebookReview will not be held liable for any damage caused if this is installed on your system or other branded systems!
    Due to this being a Modified Driver, support will not be given via Nahimic if your having issues please post in the thread!

Package includes:
    Realtek Audio Console / Nahimic 3 Uninstaller
    Realtek UAD 6.0.1.8694.1
    Nahimic 1.2.15.0 UWP
    Realtek Audio ConsoleUWP 1.3.178.0

UAD *299* MSI supported models
    Nahimic 3 280+

SHA1: 3B21D106D2C6E24F8CB2C89DD88D3D48429B76BB
    Size: 68.5 MB

For Windows 10 Build: 1803/1809/1903

Change Log:

Code:
    Updated Installer script to include an Uninstaller for the Nahimic 3 and Realtek Audio Console during install.
    Updated Driver from 6.0.1.8688.1 to 6.0.1.8694.1
    Fix included in Nahimic 3 for Blank Tabs as well as reducing any CPU spikes due to this fix,  (Thanks mnomaanw).
    Updated Realtek Audio Console from 1.3.177.0 to 1.3.178.0

Updated Install instructions due to Microsoft forcing a driver install via the WSUS service after driver has been uninstalled blame this on Microsoft.

Code:
    GT76_Titan_8SE                          GE73VR_7RE                              GL72MVR_7RFX                             GP72MVR_7RFX                           GS73VR_6RF                              GV62VR_7RF
    GT76_Titan_8SF                          GE73VR_7RF                              GL72M_7RDX                               GP72MVR_7RGX                           GS73VR_6RG                              GV62_7RC
    GT76_Titan_8SG                          GE73_7RC                                GL72M_7REX                               GP72M_7RDX                             GS73VR_7RF                              GV62_7RD
    G25VR_7RE                               GE73_7RD                                GL72VR_7RFX                              GP72M_7REX                             GS73VR_7RG                              GV62_7RE
    GE62MVR_6RF                             GE73_Raider_8SF                         GL72_6QE                                 GP72VR_6RF                             GS73_6RE                                GV62_8RC
    GE62MVR_6RG                             GE73_Raider_8SG                         GL72_6QF                                 GP72VR_7RFX                            GS73_7RE                                GV62_8RD
    GE62MVR_7RG                             GE73_Raider_RGB_8RE                     GL72_6RD                                 GP72_6QD                               GS73_Stealth_8R                         GV62_8RE
    GE62VR_6RF                              GE73_Raider_RGB_8RF                     GL72_6RE                                 GP72_6QE                               GS73_Stealth_8R                         GV72VR_7RF
    GE62VR_7RF                              GE75_Raider_8RE                         GL72_7QF                                 GP72_6QF                               GS73_Stealth_8R                         GV72_8RC
    GE62_6QC                                GE75_Raider_8RF                         GL72_7RDX                                GP72_6RD                               GS73_Stealth_8R                         GV72_8RD
    GE62_6QD                                GE75_Raider_8SE                         GL72_7RD                                 GP72_6RE                               GT62_6RD                                GV72_8RE
    GE62_6QE                                GE75_Raider_8SF                         GL72_7REX                                GP72_7QF                               GT62_6RE                                P65_Creator_8RD
    GE62_6QL                                GE75_Raider_8SG                         GL72_7RE                                 GP72_7RDX                              GT63_Titan_8RE                          P65_Creator_8RE
    GE62_6RD                                GF62VR_7RFX                             GL72_8RE                                 GP72_7RD                               GT63_Titan_8RF                          P65_Creator_8RF
    GE62_6RE                                GF62_7RD                                GL73_7RD                                 GP72_7REX                              GT63_Titan_8RG                          PE60M_6RD
    GE62_7RD                                GF62_7RE                                GL73_7RE                                 GP72_7RE                               GT65_Titan_8SE                          PE60M_6RE
    GE62_7RE                                GF62_8RC                                GL73_8RC                                 GP73_7RD                               GT65_Titan_8SF                          PE60M_7RD
    GE63VR_7RE                              GF62_8RD                                GL73_8RD                                 GP73_7RE                               GT65_Titan_8SG                          PE60M_7RE
    GE63VR_7RF                              GF62_8RE                                GL73_8RE                                 GP73_Leopard_8RC                       GT72VR_6RD                              PE60_6QD
    GE63_7RC                                GF63_8RB                                GP62MVR_6RF                              GP73_Leopard_8RD                       GT72VR_6RE                              PE60_6QE
    GE63_7RD                                GF63_8RC                                GP62MVR_7RFX                             GP73_Leopard_8RE                       GT72VR_7RD                              PE60_6RD
    GE63_Raider_8SF                         GF63_8RD                                GP62MVR_7RF                              GP73_Leopard_8RF                       GT72VR_7RE                              PE60_6RE
    GE63_Raider_8SG                         GF72VR_7RFX                             GP62MVR_7RGX                             GP73_Leopard_8SF                       GT72_6RD                                PE60_7RD
    GE63_Raider_RGB_8RE                     GF72_7RD                                GP62M_6RD                                GS43VR_6RE                             GT73VR_6RE                              PE60_7RE
    GE63_Raider_RGB_8RF                     GF72_7RE                                GP62M_6RE                                GS43VR_7RE                             GT73VR_6RF                              PE62VR_7RF
    GE72MVR_6RG                             GF72_8RC                                GP62M_7RDX                               GS63VR_6RF                             GT73VR_7RE                              PE62_7RD
    GE72MVR_7RG                             GF72_8RD                                GP62M_7RD                                GS63VR_6RG                             GT73VR_7RF                              PE62_7RE
    GE72VR_6RF                              GF72_8RE                                GP62VR_6RF                               GS63VR_7RF                             GT75VR_7RE                              PE62_8RC
    GE72VR_7RF                              GF73_8RC                                GP62VR_7RFX                              GS63VR_7RG                             GT75_Titan_8RF                          PE62_8RD
    GE72_6QC                                GF73_8RD                                GP62VR_7RF                               GS63_6RE                               GT75_Titan_8RG                          PE70_6QD
    GE72_6QD                                GL62M_6RD                               GP62_6QD                                 GS63_7RE                               GT83VR_6RE                              PE70_6QE
    GE72_6QE                                GL62M_6RE                               GP62_6QE                                 GS63_Stealth_8RC                       GT83VR_6RF                              PE70_6RD
    GE72_6QL                                GL62M_7RC                               GP62_6QF                                 GS63_Stealth_8RD                       GT83VR_7RE                              PE70_6RE
    GE72_6RD                                GL62M_7RDX                              GP62_6QG                                 GS63_Stealth_8RE                       GT83VR_7RF                              PE70_7RD
    GE72_6RE                                GL62M_7RD                               GP62_6RD                                 GS63_Stealth_8RF                       GT83_Titan_8RF                          PE70_7RE
    GE72_7RD                                GL62M_7REX                              GP62_6RE                                 GS65_Stealth_Thin_8RE                  GT83_Titan_8RG                          PE72_7RD
    GE72_7RE                                GL62M_7RE                               GP62_7QF                                 GS65_Stealth_Thin_8RF                                                          PE72_7RE
    GL62_6QE                                GL62VR_7RFX                             GP62_7RDX                                GS65_Stealth_Thin_8SE                                                          PE72_8RC
    GL62_6QF                                GP62_7RD                                GP63_7RE                                 GS65_Stealth_Thin_8SF                                                          PE72_8RD
    GL62_6RD                                GP62_7REX                               GP63_Leopard_8RC                         GS65_Stealth_Thin_8SG                                                          PL60_6RD
    GL62_6RE                                GP62_7RE                                GP63_Leopard_8RD                                                                                                        PL60_6RE
    GL62_7QF                                GP62_8RC                                GP63_Leopard_8RE                                                                                                        PL60_7RD
    GL62_7RDX                               GP62_8RD                                GP63_Leopard_8RF                                                                                                        PL60_7RE
                                            GP63_7RD                                GP63_Leopard_8SF                                                                                                        PL62_7RC
                                            GL62_7RD                                                                                                                                                        PL62_7RD
                                            GL62_7REX                                                                                                                                                       PL62_7RE
                                            GL62_7RE                                                                                                                                                        PS42_8M
                                            GL62_8RE                                                                                                                                                        PS42_8RB
                                            GL63_7RD                                                                                                                                                        PS42_Modern_8RC
                                            GL63_7RE                                                                                                                                                        PS63_Modern_8M
                                            GL63_8RC                                                                                                                                                        PS63_Modern_8RC
                                            GL63_8RD                                                                                                                                                        PS63_Modern_8RD[/CENTER]

- Disconnect from the internet (Blame Microsoft as they are still able to install drivers from Windows Update even when blocked with .reg file).

- Uninstall Realtek UAD Drivers then reboot.

- Disable driver signature enforcement. Hold down the Shift key while you click the “Restart” option -> Select “Troubleshoot” -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> select “Disable driver signature enforcement” option. *PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE MODDED DRIVER*

- Temporarily disable AV software.

- Copy to desktop then Right-click/Run as administrator "Realtek_UAD...mod.exe".

- When prompted (2x/3x) select "Install driver software anyway"

- Realtek installer, select "No, I will restart my computer later" to continue with RTK Audio Console & Nahimic installation (Invisible install)

- Check Start Menu to ensure Realtek Audio Control UWP and Nahimic 3 has been installed.

- Finally, reboot.

- Now you can safely connect to the internet (Yes middle finger Microsoft).

***[IMPORTANT]****
    Known possible bugs and fixes:
    Jack Detection not working, simply go to Realtek Audio Console Disable and Re-enable it.
    Microphone no longer working after Nahimic Optimises, click Reset inside Nahimic will fix this.
    ***[IMPORTANT]****

***[IMPORTANT]******USE Windows Auto Driver Update.zip On systems with Intel 6th Gen or higher CPU (Thank microsoft for forcing drivers on to you)**
    ** Else its not needed, Download for driver is right at the top
    ***[IMPORTANT]****

I would like to thank the following people for whom have helped. I like to personally thenk the following users.
    Code:
    J95
    epguy3
    JeanLegi
    LeftEyeNine
    Falkentyne
    mnomaanw
    felix3650
    asm1
    Bazgrim
    ixende
    MrBeer
    arke yyci
    Beemo
    senso
    Eflatun
    HitZ2976
    Ivan994
    Alanfox2000

@asm1 Time to Update OP

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    j95 and a63548 like this.
  8. asm1

asm1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Updated

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  9. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Thanks asm1.

I have a question for everyone, i have made an Uninstaller that will Uninstall the UWP's followed by the driver and then restart into Advance Boot Menu after so you'll no longer need to Do step 1 and 2.

Would you lot like as a sperate tool or packed into the installer?
    The uninstaller still asks if you want to remove the driver and you'll for now still need to click do not restart so that the rebooting script can take over so there is still user interaction to an extent i.e Click a Yes then click don't restart.

10. asm1

asm1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'd try it packed into installer. DDU already has a tool for audio but this could still be very useful.