Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    someone reported last week in MSI forums that the Nahimic control panel does not work on an MSI MEG ACE Z390 board after a recent nahimic driver update on Win10 20H2.

can anyone else confirm this?

2. epguy3

Reputations:
    unbelievable - the 9210 UAD version of the realtek_audio_N_APO3.zip file is missing a bunch of crucial files as noted by this comment in MSI forums.

MSI botched up that version and posted an incomplete 9210 UAD APO3 driver package
    MSI need to double-check their handy work when posting these new drivers

edit 9/16: MS re-posted the 9210 UAD APO3 driver package which should be about 60Mb in size and should include all the necessary Realtek & Nahimic APO3 software components

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  3. jen2

jen2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  4. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    virgolicidaniel likes this.
  5. epguy3

Reputations:
    not only that, the driver version Jen mentioned only updates the main codec driver files (rtaiodat.dat and rtkvhd64.sys)

also does not include the other Realtek software components (aka. "Realtek Audio Effects Component" [RltkAPOU64.dll], "Realtek Audio Universal Service" [RtkAudUService64.exe], etc.) - all of them which are also as important as the Realtek Device Extension files

so dearly noted...and ignored
    as hacktrix2006 needs full Realtek UAD MSI driver packs complete with extension INFs, codec drivers & SWC (software component driver files)

6. jen2

jen2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @epguy3 I mentioned it before in post 1304, I am extracting component from a mega folder, This mega folder is for business and it is always updated with latest Realtek drivers for Gigabyte.

I am always ahead testing the Realtek component drivers, check my signature, and now I am using driver 9228 with the same components.

7. epguy3

Reputations:
    that's good Jen
    but hactrix2006 also still need updated Realtek device extension INF files as he said before, which can't be easily updated

@hactrix2006 - found an unlikely source of new MSI based Realtek audio drivers - Monster (this has 9215 UAD MSI drivers - download the zip package and check its contents)

8. jen2

jen2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  9. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Will check it out @epguy3 however a user reported issues with Windows 11, which needs looking into as it would seem the new OS is blocking something in the .ahk file which executes the install scripts for the drivers.

edit: Just checked out that link and its missing the codec folder but has everything else.

10. JeanLegi

JeanLegi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @hacktrix2006 bro i have some issues with the GE73 in the device manager under software is no entry for A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component.
    On the GE73 i have installed Windows 11.
    On the GT76 Titan DT 9SG (i got one for a few weeks) i have installed Windows 11 a few minutes ago and everything is working perfect with the last Mod Driver Realtek_UAD_6.0.1.9210.1_MSI_Nahimic_UWP_mod