Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. jen2

jen2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Microsoft has nothing to do with it, Realtek is already releasing drivers for old models, Nahimic is an audio effect software, which anyone can install beside the driver, there are so many private companies making audio effects software.

According to SteelSeries,I don't like to reveal as they sent it on a private mail, they are working on a whole new thing, I have an idea what is it, but will not reveal it as they said in the mail that it is a consideration and not a confirmation,

That said, I am sure SteelSeries will make their best as they have proven to me that they are a respected company

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  2. nk950357

nk950357 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hope steelseries makes sound sharing plus more stable, mine sound sharing plus sometimes has audio delay, needs to turn off then turn on again.
    Great work for two speakers(one with type c dac) , much better audio than 3.5mm 1 to 2

@hacktrix2006 just curious to ask, i found that latest nahimic apo was ver 4, will old devices be supported at this version on 3.x only? thanks

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  3. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    @hacktrix2006 just curious to ask, i found that latest nahimic apo was ver 4, will old devices be supported at this version on 3.x only? thanks[/QUOTE]

I haven't been able to get APO 4 to work on older systems hence why its only APO 3, as i don't have a working GT72 i can't do tests either anymore.

4. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    speaking of APO3 files, I don't know how or where this guy got the new Nahimic APO3 v3.3.3.0 SWC driver files for SS3 but he has incorporated them in his recent UAD drivers.

btw, ss3 = sonic studio 3 for asus

edit 7/13 - uad driver update time again - v6.0.9186.1 UAD MSI recently available (listed for an MSI Delta 15 A5EFK laptop).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    jen2 likes this.
  5. bbb18

bbb18 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The new Nahimic 3 v1.8.5, after updating, seems to have stop working on my laptop (MSI GS73VR-7RF). I cannot open the app, it closes automatically. Previous versions, v1.7.2 from hacktrix driver, works and opens just fine. I had to use the "Downgrade Nahimic" option to use it. Don't know if it's steelseries at work or not or if even there's a way around this, but i just wanted to give an head's up.

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  6. OgUrecheK

OgUrecheK Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You are not the only one who has faced this problem.
    To solve the problem as soon as possible, write to the Nahimic support service.

7. bbb18

Reputations:
    Considering my MSI model is not officially supported for this version, i'm pretty sure i will not get any support whatsoever, so it would be pointless for me to contact their support.

My only hope is the modded drivers from hacktrix, if he/she can find a way to get it working (and i know that's a BIG IF).

8. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    It all depends on what SteelSeries has changed to the coding, we had the same issue for a while when Nahimic was doing MSI Exclusive stuff for certain models which broke Nahimic app for others.

For now best bet is to stop Windows Store from Auto Updating apps for now.

The only other thing i can think of is they are using APO4 now rather then APO3

My GT72 is still in a bad state, where mainboard and mxm GPU needs to be replaced. So i am unable to even test.

bbb18 likes this.
  9. jen2

jen2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    updated to 1.8.5 no issues so far, love the new feature "smart", Nahimic will choose the profile automatic.

https://imgur.com/a/NYPzRaR

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  10. bbb18

Reputations:
    I tried pretty much all i can think of (except formating everything, which i did a few weeks ago). Full Uninstall -» Full Install -» Update Nahimic v1.8.5, app loads and crashes 1s or so. Full Uninstall -» Install Without Nahimic -» Install Nahimic v1.8.5 directly (without updating from v1.7.2), app loads and crashes 1s or so. So yeah, i fully agree with you, something has been changed indeed.

No worries, your downgrade version is working great for me, so take your time, and thank you for the great work you've been doing for us "old owners" ;)

If i may ask, what laptop/mainboard model are you using?