Nahimic 3 on "unsupported systems"

Discussion in 'MSI' started by asm1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. djlenoir

djlenoir Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ah, the old "I'm bored and feel like rebuilding my computer from scratch" excuse. :p

Kidding of course. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will have it back up and running in no time though.

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  2. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Well you have good timing, I managed to completely rebuild the entire network by 8 am the following day. All systems are working again. I know am looking to find a New X86 with an AMD 4 / 8 or 6 / 12 threaded CPU with upgradable RAM, as after setting everything up correctly this time 8GB RAM is becoming and issue and so is just 4 Cores with no SMT's.

But it means driver packs are buildable once again.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

djlenoir and zboq like this.
  3. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Just a heads up Nahimic 1.5.2 has and update to Nahimic 1.5.4 will let you know how it goes.

Edit: its save to update people! Guess its time to see if there is a driver update too

djlenoir likes this.
  4. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    maybe MSI will update the Realtek drivers - sometime after Xmas

I'd been thinking - have you considered making two separate modded MSI Realtek drivers; one that uses Nahimic 3 APO integration files (ex. NAHIMICV3apo.dll) and another for Nahimic 4 APO files (ex. NahimicAPO4.dll)?. the specific Realtek UAD/DCH drivers for recent 11th gen intel based MSI laptops (like MSI Modern 14/15) use the newer Nahimic APO4 integration files.

v1.4.x & v1.5.x of the Nahimic3 uwp app from MS store can work with either Nahimic APO3 or APO4 set of files (but obviously not with both)

5. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Can be included more then likely in the current mod. However thing is that I don't own anything higher then 6th gen which was the main scope of the project to make it compatible with older systems. The fact it works on newer systems is a bonus.

6. asm1

asm1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Happy to help with testing on my 9th gen if that helps at all. Still have the 7th Gen Raider in my sig, to be sold "Soon"tm :D

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  7. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @asm1 thanks for the offer.

What I have noticed is the APO4 files are currently in the last driver. Or at least the .DLL files.

asm1 likes this.
  8. Ivan994

Ivan994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello everybody,
    it has been a long time since my last post.
    I am glad to see that this threat is growing very fast and it is getting bigger every day.
    Congratulations to everyone who participated in this success and I would like to thank you for these awesome modded drivers.

Yesterday I wanted to try new versions of this diver for my laptop. It is Msi GT73 6RF with 6 gen CPU but none of these drivers work for my laptop.
    What I am doing wrong? I disabled secure boot and antivirus, try everything full install, full uninstall then full install and drivers are installed successfully but I have no sound at all on my laptop.
    I would like to ask what is the best version of these drivers for my laptop?

Thank you for your help!

9. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Sorry about that, only just woke up on the last reply.

Right you say Sound doesn't work, is on the Audio Jacks aka using Headphones your having this issue or is it Internal Speakers.

Best still a dxdiag would be great.

Also during the Driver install did you get the Test Sign with Windows Version message at the bottom corner after the First reboot?

If not then the driver didn't get installed correctly.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  10. Ivan994

Ivan994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for your answer.

The sound does not work at all. Build-in laptop speakers and headphones. Something is not right, it is not just your drivers, any newer Realtek drivers not working on my laptop at all.

Where I can find dxdiag?

yes, I did. The laptop went to Test mode and install everything. Even Nahimic is working, I can open the program and mess with settings but I do not have any output on my speakers.
    I have sound only with windows build in Realtek drivers or with old Msi drivers from support page for my laptop model.

Thank you once again for your help!