Mythlogic... Taking... For.. ever...

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by TimeTorn, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeTorn

TimeTorn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered a Dia 1616 with all the bells and whistles on 10-21-16.

It's now the 14th and my build is still in the "Parts Allocation Complete" stage. It's been in this stage for over a week now. 15 business days have passed and all they've managed to do is gather the necessary parts. They haven't spent any actual man hours on actually building the laptop. As of right now, my $2650 amounts to a bunch of parts at Ann Arbor that are still in their original boxes. That's pretty frustrating.. The original timeframe I was given is 17-20 business days. I just don't understand why it's taken so long. How many hours does it take to build a laptop? I can take apart my current, (old) laptop and put it back together in about an hour and a half, that's including separating the LCD panel (because dust got in there somehow). That on top of running a few benchmarks, monitoring temperatures, and playing games on it for an hour, should only take half a day, two days at a maximum. And there's no reason why they can't be building one system while another one us getting benchmarked and stress tested.

How many laptops do they build at a time? How far backlogged are they? How many man hours do they actually put in to each system?

I have spoken to support numerous times, trying to get some kind of idea as to when my laptop will arrive in the mail. I'm an over the road truck driver, so the delivery timing is critical. They never seem to be able to give me any kind of estimate. All I get are vague excuses that don't answer any of my questions.

I ordered from them because they appeared to have a solid reputation going for them online, but I'm beginning to wonder if that all was just a fabrication.

At this point I am wondering if they haven't just taken my money and are just buying time so that my bank's chargeback deadline has passed.

If their Post-Purchase support is anything like the support I've gotten so far, I'm seriously considering cancelling the order all together.

hmscott, neohopper and Spartan like this.
  2. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    They are really slow... Lots of complaints about them here on the forum.. I would cancel your order and get it from Sager.. Much faster...

hmscott and neohopper like this.
  3. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    1) I had a friend who had ordered a P870DM-G from Mythlogic (Mythlogic Phobos 8715S), he then made a mistake by flashing the latest stock Clevo BIOS thinking it was better only to discover that now his BIOS has 0 customization options or overclocking options. So he thought no big deal, he contacted their technical support thinking they would send him the Mythlogic BIOS. The head of tech support named Josh started asking him lots of questions regarding his order number, serial number, name of the person who paid for it, etc. It was like an interrogation. He then explained that it was a gift so he doesn't have the order number but he gave them the serial number and even a screenshot of it from the actual laptop.

After 3 days with no response, he calls Josh who was very rude and seemed annoyed as to why he was calling him. Then Josh said that they need time to send him the BIOS.

1 week later, nothing, so he emails again.... no reply for 1 weeks, then he emails and calls, he was given the same BS about they need time to compile the BIOS in a package that he could install......

2 weeks later, nothing, then he finally gave up and is still running the stock CLEVO BIOS 1.05.02

I know the guy personally he lives here in Dubai as well.

2) Before purchasing my Eurocom Sky X9, I thought of getting a Mythlogic again, I called their sales team and some dude answered who didn't have an upbeat tone or showed any interest to my business as a potential customer, I felt like I was talking to a robot.

I then asked how long would it take from the time of order till you actually ship the system, he replies, 15 business days. I'm like whaaaat? why so long? he says we are swamped with orders.

Apparently they have so much arrogance now that they have so many orders/business coming through. I for one will never want to deal with this company EVER!

hmscott, Shakeeb Anjum and bloodhawk like this.
  4. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hey

So to give you an update on your system, if testing goes well it should be shipping to you next week. We apologize for the delay, but we just want to try our best to make sure that its at its best before shipping it out, as we understand its a lot of money and want to make sure you enjoy your purchase. Yeah we fully understand we aren't the fastest, but we also just don't want to push out a product and hope for the best. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me

thanks

hmscott, neohopper and Prema like this.
  5. TimeTorn

Reputations:
    I ran a small website building business for a few years. At the time I was going unmedicated with my bipolar depression, and sometimes I would seriously struggle with getting any kind of work done, and I had orders and projects underway, payments received and no finished products. So while I was dealing with all this, I would give my customers ******** excuses while I tried to pull myself together. I just get the feeling like something similar is going on here, and that's what I'm getting, ******** excuses. If they could give me a definitive timeframe and a real explanation for the delays, I would probably be a little more patient with them. I've seen a lot of these threads about Mythlogic. The responses were "blah blah blah we spend so much time on each build..". Well how much time are you really spending on each build? What are you doing that requires this exhorbant amount of time?

hmscott, neohopper and Spartan like this.
  6. mythlogic

Reputations:
    Specifically the laptops each go through the following process:

- Build it (It doesn't take that long, not debating that part)
    - Flash the BIOS/EC
    - Install the OS on it, and the latest drivers (This process usually takes about 2 hours with all the windows updates etc, we aren't just tossing a ghost image onto it)
    Then the testing begins
    Its basically 3 sets of the following which usually takes around 24 hours each to complete

Run unigine heaven 10x
    Run unigine valley 10x
    Run an intel validation tool that stresses the CPU and memory, this runs for about 6 hours (This usually finds things if there is something like bad memory)
    Run PCMark 10x
    Run 3DMark 10x
    Then it sits idle for a bit to cool down, and also to see if there is anything that fails during sleep or hibernation (bad SSD's can be exposed here). The temps are checked by humans to make sure nothing looks crazy out of spec, basically making sure it heats up and cools down at proper rates to make sure the thermal paste is applied properly.

Then the process repeats another 2 times, to weed out anything that is going to die quickly (bad drives, memory etc)
    Then after that process is complete, its hand gamed on by a real human for a hour or so to make sure its good at what its designed to do.. game
    After that the USB ports are checked to make sure data transfer looks good, and then it goes into the final prep stage, where all the benchmark programs etc are removed, then the screen is calibrated. Then its shutdown, and left cold for a few hours and then booted back up a final time to simulate being shipped to make sure there isn't any things killed by the cooling and rewarming process, then its shipped out.

So thats what we are doing with each system, so yes there is actual man hours spent on each one to review temps to keep eyes on it (no its not being stared at the whole time, but things are spot checked while in process). To make sure there isn't anything glaring like BSOD's or stuttering or wacky things.

hmscott and i_pk_pjers_i like this.
  7. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    They really need to get their act together. These threads about Mythologic being slow are becoming rather frequent, not to.mention their after sales support is even slower.
    I really dont get why it takes so long. Even if someone does thorough a to z benchmarking and testing. It won't take more than 5 days. Add another 5 days to assemble the system , and thats being generous.
    Most Clevo systems require minimum assembly, tops a GPU/GPU Heatsink swap out and installation and changing out the display. Both these tasks will at most take 4 hours. AT MOST.
    Maybe they don't care about their rep anymore ? I'm really curious to see what's up with them ?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    neohopper and Spartan like this.
  8. TimeTorn

Reputations:
    Mythlogic, thanks for the replies. You must have posted right before I sent that last one.

I do appreciate the prompt response, and having my order moved into the build queue finally.

I look forward to seeing the end results of all the time and hard work you put into your systems.

hmscott likes this.
  9. mythlogic

Reputations:
    Trust me we look forward to getting it over to you =)

hmscott likes this.
  10. neohopper

neohopper Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You shouldn't have to create an account and complain in a public forum to get a clear response and action, but that is the unfortunate reality these days with some of the builders/resellers (save for HIDevolution it seems).

hmscott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.