MyDigitalDiscount Contest - Win a MyDigitalSSD BP3 256GB mSATA SSD and mSATA to USB 3.0 Enclosure Combo Kit

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Cleonard, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invincible10001

Invincible10001 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Easy! Moar blazing fast accessibility! :D

I would install my OS on this & fit the other bays with 1TB HDDs. Killer boot time with the mSATA + killer storage.

2. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Since nobody suggested this so far then I will put the SSD on write endurance test with Anvil's Storage Utilities until it dies. Then I'll upload the results for all to see how this drive performs over time. Respectful results on various other SSDs can be found here: SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm , as this thread made me choose my current SSDs. :D If there's interest then I may start similar thread on here as well.

then I'll get me a shirt that says "MyDigitalSSD, where is yours?", will stitch the SSD on it and will wear the shirt when I go to do tech support jobs, or at parties. Luckily my neighbor has a machine that can do signs on t-shirts as she uses it for her advertising work, so that wont be a problem at all :)

the USB3 enclosure I will use long time with various drives that I want to connect to any computers that I come to work with, so this will be my only personal benefit from this offer, besides the cool t-shirt :)

3. Carlos_milos

Carlos_milos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would use this as a place to store and run my Virtual Machines. I'd have enough space for my Windows XP / Backtrack 5.1 and Windows 8 machine plus an image of my company laptop to save me lugging two machines about.

4. NadineH

NadineH Newbie

Reputations:
    This is exactly what I am looking for! I have an ASUS eeePC which I really love. It only has a 32GB SSD drive in it right now and I need to upgrade it. I would use the enclosure for the 32GB drive and put the 256GB in the netbook.

5. Scharfschutzen

Scharfschutzen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well i would use the mSATA SSD as the OS drive to finally expeirance the amazing speeds of a SSD and the enclosure would be nice to finally utilize the speeds of the USB 3.0 ports. :D

6. juliant

juliant Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have been using mSATA drives for a while now and to tell you the through I've never heard of MyDigitalSSD until today. I am using SSD drives from the last 6-7 years. At the moment I was looking to add to one of my systems this 'large' mSATA disk as the operating system and ofcourse extra additional space. Most probably, even if I will not win, I may probably buy one, since the sponsor has specified that this product has improved over the last few years and probably is very reliable, I would gladly try it out.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity of getting a chance in winning this wonderful product!

7. Quontum

Quontum Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I would use the mSATA SSD in the enclosure and use it as a easy way to move things around super fast instead of using a usb flash drive and their tiny storage.

8. Gintoki

Gintoki Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    First I'd use the cable to transfer data from my current 128GB Samsung 830 to the new 256GB SSD and stick the new SSD in my laptop. Then I'd take my Samsung 830 and put it in my mom's old desktop computer to speed it up. :D

9. mbarry

mbarry Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I would love to be able to use a SSD in my T430. The HDD in this is extremely slow; boot times are up at around 2 minutes just to get into the desktop environment.

10. Jumbie

Jumbie Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I would use it for file backup/transfer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.