My Nvidia GTX 880M Test Run Review

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Johnksss@iBUYPOWER, Feb 26, 2014.

1. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Ahh that's too true. Just about every discussion degrades into an emotional response like that. And somehow learning something is deemed shameful. Everyone miraculously knows all..

Mr. Fox and D2 Ultima like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Especially the Kool-Aid drinkers as Mr. Fox says;).

TomJGX, TBoneSan and D2 Ultima like this.
  3. Kade Storm

Kade Storm The Devil's Advocate

Reputations:
    Yes, but I am sure we have a unanimous consensus that the Steam and Nvidia forums absolutely epitomise the flow of mature dialogue, exchange of information and a mutual sense of harmony. That SLi-756 fella' -- also known as the New Messiah of Maxwell, who traverses both forums -- is an absolute humble servant of the greater community and a paragon of factual knowledge.

4. woodzstack

woodzstack Company Representative

Reputations:
    never heard of him.

5. Kade Storm

Kade Storm The Devil's Advocate

Reputations:
    He's a bit of a character on the Nvidia forums, and also does guest appearances on Steam. I kinda' had to laugh at him when he tried taking some pot shots at Mr. Fox and others as the driver throttling issues with Kepler came into full light. Nothing speaks to profound wisdom more than "bunch of n00bs who know nothing." Lol.

TomJGX and deadsmiley like this.
  6. woodzstack

woodzstack Company Representative

Reputations:
    Oh Mr.Fox and Johnksss, whose n00bs ! pffft! lol.

It reminds me how whenever someone has a problem installing their videocards they buy from me, they start off with how it is DOA and service was crappy, and that they have 20 years experience fixing laptops. I always reply that I have much less experience then I actually do, but admit I'm wrong soo often , however, if my laptop started to beep 8 times when I turn it on after hitting the Fn+Fx switch on my laptop and trying to restart, I would at the very least google my laptop's name, or booting issues or beeping codes... yet, every week, I get some genius with masterful experience, having issues with his Alienware and insisting first, that my videocards failed. To date, none have been DOA. Theres been silly S/H mistakes, wrong vbios, on occasion, human error, but always high quality. YET - 4800 videocards later - all not DOA - every single time, they insist DOA.

Its always the EXPERTS too that have trouble installing the cards. I don't know why none of the guys who tell me, they are sort of familiar with hardware or have never done this before, ALWAYS seem to get it to work. But the BEST EXPERTS in the world, VETERANS, people who says they been hacking since the apple 2 (lol..seriously) have issues, just googling,50% of the time too, they manage to get it working when I explain whats wrong, then come back 2-3-4 weeks later, and its broken again. Guess what, they overtightened the screws too and cracked the gpu die , or didn't put any thermal paste on, or put so many thermal pads where the ram was the gpu die didn't touch the heatsink.

Always the experts, seriously. THEY ALWAYS say it was either a DELL technician who is a friend who is and expert or they haver 20-25 years of computer experience with installation and troubleshooting and UGH I could vomit!
    I just point out how much of a newb I am, and how easy it was to fix the issue for them. I don't feel the need to explain my technical experience to anyone, I got enough people in the world acting like fanboys asking me my every personal opinion on everything computer wise as it is. 90% the time the answer is easy. "I DO NOT KNOW !"

so STOP ASKING ME- AND GOOGLE IT ! lol

Customers are fine, I do not mind helping them, thats' customer service, if its people on NBR , sure why not, we're all friends here. But, creating an account- then messaging me and you haven't even replied to any thread before... little sketchy.

deadsmiley likes this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Best way to deal with imbeciles in forums if you don't have the power to ban them is to just ignore them or be super nice to them. They really hate both of those things. Their whole purpose is to stir up hate and discontent, so that lets all the air out of their tires. Nobody likes to be ignored, but they deserve to be. That's the ultimate reward for stupidity. Sometimes being nice to them makes them go away or act less retarded.

Mr Pras, Kade Storm and joluke like this.
  8. joluke

joluke Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox their whole purpose is to go full retard and your method does wonders. I've put it in practice and gets them even madder because they simply don't have a way to give a response back and completely black out hahah

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. Johnksss@iBUYPOWER

Johnksss@iBUYPOWER Company Representative

Reputations:
    So who has an 880m vbios for download and testing?

deadsmiley likes this.
  10. GodlikeRU

GodlikeRU Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Didn't I gave you two versions on page 70?