My notebook has a battery problem, please help me

Discussion in 'MSI' started by cuneyt1984, Apr 25, 2018.

1. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Have a nice day, I have a MSI GT72vr. My notebook has a battery problem. The other day, the electric suddenly turned off. Later, when I pressed the Notebook button, it did not open. When the electric came again, the notebook opened. However, when I disconnected the plug from my laptop, my notebook was closed again. Then I activated the battery calibration program while the adapter was installed. But my notebook closed again.The battery light is blinking orange. How we can solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
    SOLVED
    Hi, I think the problem is completely solved. I open the notebook. I read an article from the Internet. Incorrect connection may occur when moving the device or during installation in connection cables. I pulled out the battery connection cable. I pressed air in the cable socket and in the socket. Also, the white wire, which is close to the battery reset button, is slightly tilted earlier. I straightened the cable. There is no orange light problem at the moment.
    After this, calibrate the battery with "MSI Battery Calibration" program. I've tried it in heavy 3D applications. The battery is running smoothly .And thanks to everyone who has help.
    Update:
    Also in 3D applications, when the battery was 40% Vram speed was 810MHz. I charged and discharged the battery 5 times. As a result, this error has been fixed.Full charging and discharging of the battery strengthens the battery.(Eco mode is active.And Nvidia power settings: Maximum)
    foto.jpg
    foto2.jpg
    foto3.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm unsure what the issue is as of now.

So the notebook turned off one day and didn't boot up again, after a little while it would boot again but as soon as you try to recalibrate the battery it would shutdown again while having the adapter again?

How are your temperatures?

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Ultra Male likes this.
  4. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds to me the battery might of discharged to much. Try resetting the EC but having no power to the laptop and place a little paper clip into the small hole near the audio jack side for 30 seconds the replace the power chord and see if it will charge again after that.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Vistar Shook and cuneyt1984 like this.
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That seems like a battery issue indeed, so best to reach out to MSI to get a warranty service on it. But if it's out of warranty, you can purchase a new one and change it easily if your battery is detachable. If it's internal battery, it's still easy to change but just slightly more work, buy the battery and then replace it.

6. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for helps.

Hello Cüneyt,
    Do you mean that your computer will not turn on when you disconnect AC adapter even if your battery has electricity?
    If yes,please power off the notebook, remove the AC power, and use a straightened paperclip to insert the battery reset hole and reset the notebook. I attached a picture to inform you where is the battery reset hole.
    Note: After resetting the computer system, please connect the AC power when first bootup the notebook.
    And then confirm your problem.
    Thank you and have a good day.

Best Regards,
    MSI Notebook Technical Application Department

Notebook is working now.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Make sure to fully test the battery to see if it still shuts the system off abruptly.

cuneyt1984 likes this.
  8. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thank you. I tested Notebook no problem.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  9. cuneyt1984

cuneyt1984 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, my battery problem continues. At this time, the battery light turns orange and goes out. And the computer does not turn on without the adapter. What is the solution?

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    The solution is to replace your battery.

Falkentyne likes this.