My next phone: Galaxy S9 versus iPhone X

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Mitlov, Mar 5, 2018.

?

What should I get?

1. Galaxy S9 Plus

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. iPhone X

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Pixel 2 XL or OnePlus 5 because I totally didn't read the post before voting

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    iPhone 8 > all other options. Only non-apple phone I would ever consider is the Sony XZ2, but they fell out of favor with me since they also omitted the headphone jack.....

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    going by your logic raidriar, you should pick the iPhone 6s. Still plenty fast, gets 3 more years of OS updates, and has the headphone jack. I am keeping mine until no more updates come in. The incremental updates since the 6s, are not enough to make me move up to a newer model. And the X just SUCKS.

3. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I use an iPhone SE and it’s the perfect phone in my opinion. Very sad Apple chose not to refresh it but I probably know why they didn’t: it cannabilized 6S sales

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, the SE is awesome too. wish they put forcetouch on it. As far as I know, There is an SE2 coming out soon. I think im going to get one (SE), for s&g. I do love my 6s however.

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    The iPhone SE is in many ways the unsung hero of the iPhone line, but it's not for me. I like phablets with high-res OLED screens.

(In case people missed it, I ended up getting the Pixel 2XL because the screen was much better than at launch and a 128gb model was on sale for $650. I love it)

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can only take advantage of so much "high res" on a 5-6 inch screen. My 6s is high res enough for me. OLED is nice, but has it's own set of problems. (watch the burn in). Had it on my wifes 1020. Mine never because I used light theme more than she did. But they do burn, so it's something to take note of with OLED. Size is a personal thing for sure. I like the size of the regular pixel 2 and my iphone. Any larger and I cannot use with one hand.

7. cocomichan

cocomichan Newbie

Reputations:
    I chose the Iphone X. I'm the guy of Android. I see a lot of advantages when using them. I also have the unique ringtone that I created from the free quality ringtones for the Iphone X. Ringtone 2018