My Laptop is gone

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hussamalnajjar2012, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    By the way, in the future, if you ever can NOT be home to pick up a package you are waiting for, DO NOT ALLOW FED EX or UPS to deliver it !
    You can manually request that they HOLD it at their warehouse and you come pick it up in person.
    That is perfectly legal and allowed.
    If you do that, they are required by law NOT to deliver a package that you requested held at their warehouse for pickup.
    That way you will never have such an incident EVER happen.
    If you can be home and wait for the day, have them deliver it as usual.
    If you can't be home, requests manual pickup, or even another scheduled delivery date !

This is VERY important when you are at an apartment, which tend to be very unsafe areas, with many people who are complete low lives living in them, especially if they are not upscale apartments.

hmscott and inm8#2 like this.
  2. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    It should be noted, depending on the contents of the package and the shipper's preferences, they can actually prevent the "hold at location" requests from being available. That being said, it is normally available.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Support.4@XOTIC PC

Support.4@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah, it can be a bit tricky with high-value electronics. A lot of shippers actually prevent anyone who is not on their "white list" (on the shipper's FedEx account) from requesting a pickup. Not to drag FedEx through the mud or anything, but there have been plenty of times where some random person walks in and says "Hey, that's my package!" and the FedEx employees don't even check ID before handing it over. For that exact reason, there are a lot of shippers who do not allow pickup requests.

hmscott likes this.
  4. hussamalnajjar2012

hussamalnajjar2012 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guy
    Update :fedex finally accepted my lost case
    But MSI told me they will send a refurbished unit which I refused ,
    And they don’t want to cooperate with me
    I still don’t understand why msi involved in this case ,at the beginning they told me it is not there problem
    And now they want to send a refurbished model

Help

hmscott likes this.
  5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    So now you want a brand new laptop replacement for your 2 year old laptop?? Get real man! Be happy you are getting a refurbished one and count your blessings you had nothing just a few days ago.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    KY_BULLET and hmscott like this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Depends on the value assigned to the loss by Fedex, he might be better compensated by Fedex than by taking a refurbished laptop from MSI.

Besides there's more than just a used laptop lost, there is the comfort and ease from ownership of that laptop, knowing the in's and out's, and having it just the way you like it - except for the RMA reason, of course. That's worth more than just the appraised value.

The pain and anguish of this series of events: problems that required RMA - RMA return hassle - wasting time waiting - then the loss of the laptop and him left hanging - is also worth something, and he should be compensated - getting a used laptop with who knows what troubles of it's own included isn't what I would want to take either.

If he can get a fair compensation from Fedex, he can apply that to a new laptop and almost be at an even stance from his loss.

If he takes the MSI laptop right now, it's over.

I'd wait for the compensation offer and negotiation from Fedex to be over before deciding on taking the MSI re-tread.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    RandomID and praetorianx like this.
  7. RandomID

RandomID Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeh, I don't think that by refusing the refurbished unit offer @hussamalnajjar2012 meant he wanted just a brand new one.
    I'm pretty sure he'd still rather have his own laptop and his nerve cells back instead of all this...

hmscott likes this.