My friend is pregnant and needs a job, please help

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lottdod_1999, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lottdod_1999

lottdod_1999 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    She's pretty pregnant, like 7 months, and desperately needs money or some kind of support. Does anyone have any ideas? She's a sweet girl and a dear friend I don't want to see her go broke with a new baby and stuff. Maybe something she can do at home?

2. Bog

Bog Losing it...

Reputations:
    It largely depends on where she lives and what skills she has... with that information, you could set reasonable expectations for what kind of work, which would preferably not be a laborous job, given her pregnancy.

Even so, it would be difficult for her to get a job if a baby is on the way; a company is more likely to just go "oops" and throw the resume in the trash rather than take on an employee who would require maternity leave 2 months into the job. It's a mean world we live in, especially these days. :/

3. lottdod_1999

lottdod_1999 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's true, I realize that so does she. I was thinking something like work at home?

4. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    idk if there is much she could do from home...

I mean there is Avon and stuff like that, but that usually is horrid to deal with and gets little to no cash!

5. Angelic

Angelic Kickin' back :3

Reputations:
    My Mom sold Mary K products from home and made decent money, maybe that would be a good idea. Im so sorry about the pregnancy, she should have been more careful...:(

6. Saisei

Saisei Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i hear acs takes kids not sure if thats helpful or she could use ebay to sell.

7. crazycanuk

crazycanuk Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    if she has internet access there are some companies that use telecommuters for data entry etc. look on some of the job boards like monster.com

8. Saisei

Saisei Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have to disagree with this, the baby would be the problem so call up asc to have the problem resolved then she can get out and apply for a job.

9. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    telecommuters are generally given permission to work at home via supervisors and it's generally not allowable to permanently work at home, unless you've received special permission. i doubt any person who applies for a company to work for 2 months at home and then needs an additional time off for maternity leave. it's a little inconvenient for both parties in this case. she'll most likely need to way until she has a baby and then apply for a job. she should check with her local government to see for positions. they're generally ok paying jobs for low amounts of skill (not saying she doesn't have skill or anything, but they can find jobs for people with any kind of education level).

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    <object width='560' height='340'><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5wmParkppw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5wmParkppw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width='560' height='340'></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015