My first razer blade

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Gianlucadbl, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Gianlucadbl

Gianlucadbl Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    64, 256 and 1024 are minute?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

2. CraftyClown

CraftyClown Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No they are size. If you click on TS Bench on the first screen of Throttlestop, it will open the bench mark app. Here you can select one of the three different size options and then press start. The progress will start increasing in time until it either hits 100% or generates an error. If you see error, your system is unstable.

3. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    with -140mv

https://ibb.co/nPYMDf8

4. CraftyClown

CraftyClown Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's great. Try doing the small 64m test 10 times in a row and if you get no errors with that then maybe you can try -145mv

5. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    why does the cpu work so low? in other tests it was about 3800mhz, but now it remains at 2800m

https://ibb.co/861Cpn2

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just like on game, cores frequency won’t stay at 3,9ghz max. And on synapse balanced mode it lowers the tdp that made it on some case rarely hits 3,9, on gaming mode with higher tdp it’ll hits 3,9 more often. On synthetic benchmark like that cpu on graphics test would be less used take a look at physical benchmark scene, it hits higher frequency and the last combined (cpu and gpu) Test as well.

7. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    Is it possible that I had made an excessive undervolt? because resetting from -140mv (with those low results) to -130mv I returned to having better scores with the cpu that returned to higher values (unfortunately also with the temperature)

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That means -130mV is your stable value. Yes lower voltage means lower temperature but doesn’t mean better performance. I’d stay with -130 one. On synthetic benchmarks like 3Dmark I could also lower it to -160mV but on gaming usage it’s sometimes crash or doesn’t perform well.

9. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    I don't know what's happening but in the last 2 days the temperatures remain very high, between 75 (at the beginning) and 95 degrees. Now that the undervoltt was made what other attempt can you make to always stay within certain limits? I have read that temperatures drop very low with minimal performance losses, turning off the turbo boost, is this a possibility?

in addition, it also seems to me that just turned on and inactive is between 49 and 61 degrees, while before it was always below 50 and sometimes even below 40

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No if you didn’t limiting Turbo Boost, it’ll spike to highest temperature points even you use power limitation with synapse Balanced, but it depends on the game like far cry, SoTR, AC Oddysey can spike it to 90ish on long session games.
    Did you use xtu or throttlestop? Those two has bad compatibility each other, make sure only run one. And xtu may reset undervolting value to default 0, in order to keep undervolting value always on your preferred voltage there’s workaround, here.
    If you want limiting Turbo Boost the best way is using throttlestop, by lowering cores amplifier to like 39 39 37 37 36 36, or lower. If you don’t use throttlestop go to power options, advanced setting, limit max processors state to 99%, or completely disable it by clicking disable turbo boost on Intel XTU (on throttlestop is also same one click disabling it) with lower FPS noticeable on cpu demanding titles.