My first razer blade

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Gianlucadbl, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Gianlucadbl

Gianlucadbl Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I put it to ultra and the settings said that 13GB were needed while I have 8GB, is it normal? How many degrees can GPU and CPU get since I was at 87 now? anyway okay, tomorrow I try the other 2 modes with the test bench. thanks always my friend

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

2. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    Yesterday in gaming mode the CPU reached temperatures of 98 degrees with Dmc 5 at ultra settings, remaining fixed between 84 and 92 . Too much, really?

for the tests with the other 2 modes with 3d Mark I don't know how to do it because the 3d mark that I downloaded from steam allows me to do the test only once.

3. CraftyClown

CraftyClown Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's pretty hot, but within the safe specifications of the chip, which is rated for 100 degrees. Once it hits that it will automatically reduce power and downclock itself to reduce thermals.

This is all a case of balance. While you want your machine to perform at the highest level, you want it to last as long as possible as well and the longer it spends near 100 degrees, the shorter the potential life span.

A high of 98 degrees is nothing to panic about, however you can still reduce that heat without needing to open up the case and look at repasting. You could try increasing the underclock offset from -130mv. I would work in increments of 5, so try -135mv next. You should always match this with the identical number in CPU cache. This is giving less voltage to the CPU so once you reach a certain point it can cause instability and BSODs hence the small incremental changes, however it is safe and won't cause any damage. Some people have had success going as low as the -160 mark so feel free to test.

You can also do the same with the iGPU offset, however I would start at around -30mv and work from there, again in increments of 5. People have reported stability as low as the -60mv mark. As with the CPU, you should pair this figure with the iGPU unslice.

If you're not already I would suggest using ThrottleStop over the intel XTU app. It has far more functionality and is well recognised and supported on these forums.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Gianlucadbl likes this.
  4. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    thanks a lot for your advice, I just passed to throttlestop and I set the CPU to -130mv, until yesterday I do it only with XTU, now I try with throttlestop.
    like you said if I still have too high temperature, I go down to -135 and so on.
    the GPU seemed to me no hotter than 76 degrees, is it acceptable?

where can I find a guide to use hwinfo well, because I installed it but I can't use it.

5. CraftyClown

Reputations:
    Yes, just remember to do CPU cache as the same number as CPU.

76 degrees sounds pretty reasonable for the graphics card and well within safe levels.

HWINFO is fairly easy to use. When I open it I select sensors only, which brings up all your temps and clock speeds etc. Are you having trouble using it?

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For DmC 5 I use balanced mode and manual Fans profile (me at 4800rpm) it’s limiting cpu wattage lower to get better temperature. Performance loose isn’t huge. It’s still 100fps more I think on this game max setting 1080p on your model, I get also over 100fps with 1070mq. Temperature between 84 and 92 is fine as long it not stay long in 90ish.

7. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    I didn't insert any of the 2 that pop up

8. Gianlucadbl

Reputations:
    yes, more often I was below 90 degrees. how do you manually mod the fans? with msi afterburner I don't have the fan tab

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  9. CraftyClown

Reputations:
    You can adjust the fans in the Razer Synapse software

10. Esaelias187

Esaelias187 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    do you have 4k version