My Experience with CEG

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by Ingvarr, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingvarr

Ingvarr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Got 50% shipping and WiFi adapter cost difference refund today, so I can lay this to rest. I know its still against EU trading regulations, but I won't bother going to overseas court over 50 quid - and let CEG live with how their reputation will speak for itself.

Shame this whole ordeal left a bad after-taste of purchase of otherwise awesome laptop.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. splinterfaction

splinterfaction Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm really glad to hear that you have resolution of a sort. Thank you for your feedback in CEG.

3. Tristan

Tristan Garrosh Did Nothing Wrong

Reputations:
    What a horrid experience that sounds like! Thank you for the in depth review.

4. Samot

Samot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Got my refund today but still haven´t got the money from shipping the laptop back twice.

As soon as i have some time i´ll do a lengthy report (on a new thread) on my experience with CEG.

5. Hobelbernd

Hobelbernd Newbie

Reputations:
    Would actually love to see CEG themselves commenting in a thread like this. it doesnt have to be much, maybe just a "sorry" or " were still working on improving our customer service", etc. Just to show that they actually care and are open for critic and dicussion.
    i recently ordered from them and planning on making an experience thread myself.
    Hoping after all that mess you are finally able to enjoy your laptop ingvarr!

TomJGX likes this.
  6. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    I have to say this is really bad customer service experience from CEG. My experience with them is all positive and they fixed all my problems without any delay or issue.

7. CKQ

CKQ Newbie

Reputations:
    I wonder if there is a grey market?
    I could imagine that the largest resellers such as Schenker XMG (MySN) get the A class barebones and the ones more prone to failure get sold to smaller integrators. Or that Schenker send back any machines showing early sign of potential failure to Clevo that would have them checked and repaired before selling them off on a parallel channel. Clues anyone?

Regrettably, there's little the client can do to exhort a remedy. They know you are not going to sue them.

Frankly I would expect much more than a 'sorry'! And we know that the stereotype of apologetically stale messages are to put the issue behind and never do anything.

If both client and seller want to have a -honest- public discussion that's a good insight for the prospects on want they could expect should they have a problem.

8. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's not my place to comment on another company ( as per nbr rules resellers can't do that anyway), but to answer your theory:

1/ there is no quality binning at Clevo, so all direct customers receive the same quality product. Any difference in quality that the customer/end user receives will be down to the build, testing and quality control of the company which builds the laptop for the customer. There is of course also an element of randomness in faults with products.

2/ Bear in mind that most of the smaller integrators you mention may not deal with Clevo directly. Some may buy chassis from a larger SI and build themselves, some may direct ship from larger SI companies. Either of these scenarios would leave part of the quality liability with the larger SI, so it's in the interest of the larger SI to maintain low RMA rates on the chassis that they sell to all of their customers.

9. Bullrun

Bullrun Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As I understood it in the US/CA there are three Clevo importers, Sager, Eurocom and ProStar. Does that still hold true? They would then sell to a smaller integrator, as you mention. Who are the importers (larger SI) in the EU?

10. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    @Bullrun - I can't confirm either way because nbr reseller rules restrict one company rep directly talking about another company. We are direct of course, but you would have to ask other companies if you want or need to know about them, I don't think it's my place to divulge other company's purchasing channels.

As a sales tactic, I have seen some companies say that they are direct when they clearly are not direct with Clevo - at the same time I know of companies which are direct but most people wouldn't realise that they were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.