My discoveries on Vaio Z’s Hybrid Graphics

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Nautis, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Bing-

-Bing- Newbie

Reputations:
    Disabled test mode and windows lost the drivers. But managed to install the drivers again with test mode disabled and all working now.
    I double checked the display adapters under device manager and the driver details still say it's unsigned, but hell... at least it works and windows loaded the drivers so I'm happy :)

Thanks again Andrew, Nautiz and the gang

2. Andrew08

Andrew08 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    good to know that the driver package still works on windows 8.
    thanks for everyone that report this.

3. Sam_Beck

Sam_Beck Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone,

I have a Sony Vaio VPC Z11 latop (2010). I hoped for quite a while that Sony would release drivers for this laptop, something I would have expected given the price and quality of this laptop. Nevertheless this has, unfortunately, never happened.
    After a while I decided to google this issue and I stumbled on to this forum and it's array of threads on this subject.

After reading many of the 345 pages this thread consists of, I have a feeling I understand what I should do to install these community builed drivers.

I am running Windows 7 x64, with SP1. I have downloaded the driver from the torrent of schimmel23, filename:
    Nvidia 26314 - Intel 2266 signed.rar

As this is a stable and signed version of the drivers, I think I should follow the following procedure (minor spell errors may occur due to the fact that my OS is in a different language):

1. Set laptop to speed mode.

2. Go to config screen -> remove or edit programs -> double click
    NVIDIA Drivers. Select:
    Remove all drivers except Screen.

3. Restart computer and set to Speed mode.

4. Run setup of Nvidia 26314 - Intel 2266 signed.rar

5. Restart laptop.

Is this the correct procedure to follow to install these drivers?

As this is a signed version of the drivers, I think test mode is not necessary to install the drivers, correct?

I have read that after installing this driver it is not possible to use the ' auto' mode for automatic switching of GPU's from GT330M to Intel GPU and vice versa, correct?

I have also read that it is only possible to switch from GT330M to Intel GPU by turning of the laptop, turn the switch to stamina and then turn on the laptop, correct? (and vice versa).

Thank you for answering my questions. I hope that this text will be helpfull to others also searching for guidance in installing these drivers.

Sam. :)

4. primusone

primusone Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I've got a problem with the new Mercury Engine on Adobe Premiere CS6 and the version of the installed Cuda drivers. I use the 263.14-2281 video drivers from Andrew08 (big thanx man!) which include the Cuda driver v.3.2.1. My guess is that I've got to update the Cuda driver above v.4. Any ideas on how to deal with that?

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6>GPUSniffe.exe
    Failed to find required function "cuCtxDestroy_v2" in n
    --- OpenGL Info ---
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Renderer: GeForce GT 330M/PCI/SSE2
    OpenGL Version: 2.1.2
    GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
    Monitors: 1
    Monitor 0 properties -
    Size: (0, 0, 2560, 1440)
    Max texture size: 8192
    Supports non-power of two: 1
    Shaders 444: 1
    Shaders 422: 1
    Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---
    Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.
    CUDA Device 0 -
    Name: GeForce GT 330M
    Capability: 1.2
    Driver: 3.02
    Total Video Memory: 986MB
    Not chosen because of old driver.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  5. pyr0

pyr0 100% laptop dynamite

Reputations:
    As you already hacked your BIOS, I'd suggest to uninstall the outdated hybrid drivers and set VGA switching policy to static (in advanced menu in BIOS). The hybrid graphics switch then activates only the Intel HD or NVidia GPU until you reboot. Then you can install the latest Intel/NVidia drivers (NVidia needs two lines of the .inf file changed - more info here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/602497-latest-vpc-z1-330m-drivers-bios-hack-people.html). The newer NVidia drivers should support CS6.

I believe this is the only way to get it work since there is no support and no further development of hybrid drivers anymore.

6. primusone

primusone Newbie

Reputations:
    Great man! Thanx for the answer! I'll give it a try and I hope it works :)

7. parablese

parablese Newbie

Reputations:
    Any idea, anyone? Or does no one have this issue?

8. Ambroos

Ambroos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was wondering, since I'm on the lookout for a new monitor, does the Z13 with the nVidia 26314 - Intel 2281 support 1920x1200 @ 60Hz over HDMI or am I limited to 1920x1080? I don't really have the opportunity to test it out...

9. SirRobin

SirRobin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I´m confused about the following thing: i´ve connected an vga monitor to the dock´s vga port. In windows, my setting is the extension from the desktop to this external monitor. is this mode using the intel hd 3000 chip and NOT the ati?

10. yaashul

yaashul Newbie

Reputations:
    I installed Nvidia 26314 - Intel 2266 or Intel 2281 signed driver as instructed.

First I boot pc in speed mode
    remove sony driver
    restart the pc
    install the signed driver

but in device manager this driver still showing that this driver is not signed. What shud I do to make it signed.