My discoveries on Vaio Z’s Hybrid Graphics

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Nautis, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nautis

Nautis Switchable Graphics Guy

Reputations:
    260.63 Hybrid Graphics Progress Report

-Multimonitor issue fixed.
    -Powermizer, OpenCL, and PhysX seem to be working now. Strange.

-Backlight adjustment issues on the Nvidia side
    -Will not switch from Intel back to Nvidia (settings issue)
    -Powermizer still causes flicker when active (automatic clock adjustment flickers the screen) and idles hot when disabled.
    -Nvidia Control Panel seems to lockup randomly for no reason when adjusting some things.

You will not be disappointed, the difference in the screen alone should make you happy.

2. Blahman

Blahman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for all your guys' work on this, I am only skimming the start and end of this and related threads but I am going to keep following this. I'm looking forward to a stable and full featured Verde release, whether it's official or unofficial.

3. thomaskc.dk

thomaskc.dk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My Vaio Z has now been ordered!!! hehe im so excited! and looking forward to help support this driver situation.

4. Andrew08

Andrew08 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hmm, nautis i got a problem installing 26063, somewhere after 1/4 it would fail me...

5. Nautis

Reputations:
    The new installer is very picky and difficult to diagnose where the problems are. You will need to make sure the inf filename matches an existing one already in the package.

I am working on something with the new installer that should make things a bit nicer for us. For right now though you need to make sure both Nvidia and Intel drivers are in the Display.Driver folder and that the nvbridge_int.kmd and Hybrid Graphics INF is there too (with a filename that matches an existing one). Beyond that you just need to make sure the INF is formatted out properly.

6. daleski75

daleski75 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Getting the urge to do some more driver testing and hacking with the latest drivers to see what I can come up with.

@Nautis keep up the good work we really appreciate everything you have done for us :)

@Andrew08 are you using your own custom 260.63 inf?

7. Nautis

Reputations:
    Well as I said before it will probably be one of you guys who will get things working right on the VPC-Z before I do.

Intel Graphics 2202 was released but gives me the same blackscreen issues. I assume it will do the same for your VPC-Zs. Would love for you to prove me wrong though. :)

Posted up a 260.63 inf to show you guys the proper formatting. It includes entries for Z11/12. If ya wanna try em. Download the INF, Download the nvbridge_int.km_, download and unzip the Intel drivers (the driver files are in the graphics folder after unzipping the driver). Place them all in the Display.Driver folder (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.63\Vista 64-bit\International\Display.Driver) and then install. (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.63\Vista 64-bit\International\setup.exe)
    NOTE: The INF is an early one I am using for testing so it only has the Vaio Z notebooks.

I am currently trying to get something working. It will hopefully make things a bit easier for us. I am liking the new installer btw.

:D ...

8. Andrew08

Reputations:
    @nautis
    hmm.. i didn't miss any line, i made 5 infs to make sure that i didn't make anything wrongly... anyway thanks for your inf.

@daleski75
    yes daleski75 it is my own inf...

9. Blahman

Blahman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    !

(click the periods, if you can...)

10. Andrew08

Reputations:
    26063 works with intel 2189 with a lot of problems...

edit:
    i will start to look which part make it error

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.