My Detailed Experience HID Evolution

Discussion in 'MSI' started by davaid, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    When I bought my GT73 from Xotic PC, the *only* non parts upgrade I bought was the 30 day dead pixel guarantee. Nothing more (I don't believe they had a backlight bleed package), and the screen guarantee was worth it. I believe screen guarantees are something everyone should purchase. The desktop monitor scene is filled with people doing the RMA circus from the bad lottery panels (especially AUO IPS panels!!) before they get one that's acceptable. You can bet that many of those users would pay an extra $100 to get a good pretested panel, over dealing with weeks and shipping costs (or gas costs) from RMA'ing bad panels.

Papusan and TheReciever like this.
  2. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Or just pop the bezel around the display with your fingernails, and BAMM, bleed is no more.

TheReciever likes this.
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    We did present it to MSI. Their judgment looking at the screen, not a picture, was that it was within specs. The MSI rep you dealt with did not have this advantage.

Please lookup blackmail...it is a crime, and totally inappropriate to be used here:

Blackmail is an act of coercion using the threat of revealing or publicizing either substantially true or false, and often damaging, information about a person, to the public, family members, or associates unless certain demands are met.

noun - the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding payment or another benefit from someone in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them.
    verb - demand money or another benefit from (someone) in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them.

Doesn't this sound more like what you are doing here? Well, maybe not since you are clearly trying to reveal damaging information about HIDevolution...whether it is true or not.

When you bought your laptop from our website you agreed to our published Terms, including our Return Policy including restocking fees. I am just not sure how you can spin this into blackmail...we are not threatening to expose anything about you, nor are we making any demands of payment or benefit to not expose damaging information about you. We are simply abiding by industry standards, and our published policies.

Just a recommendation...if you are trying to work something out with us, this is not the best way to do it.

4. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I had similar thoughts but thought it would be in poor taste to state considering I am outside looking in on this thread. Just a feeling I had over looking this thread.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  5. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I changed the topic title because I don't believe HID cheated you davaid. That does not mean you didn't have a bad/frustrating experience overall with your current situation nor am I trying to diminish what happened, but I don't believe HID was trying to trick you at all.

I hope you can have a positive outcome in the end. A positive dialogue with resellers often has better results. If you feel the title should be different, PM me and let me know.