My desktop is RGB cancer, and I don't mind it

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Zymphad, May 22, 2019.

1. Zymphad

Zymphad Zymphad

Reputations:
    I always thought RGB associated with gaming and high-end PC annoyed me. And for things where it drains battery like my wireless mouse I definitely disable it. I didn't buy the hardware for RGB, it just happened that the best motherboard for Ryzen that didn't carry the Asus tax was RGB cancer infected. GSkill 3600 B-Die appeared to be most compatible with Ryzen for high speed. And the Gigabyte 2070 well it was on sale for $450, and it performs marvelously well overclocked staying under 70C aircooled.

But now that I have it, I don't mind it at all. Also pink cause the GF keeps saying, oh pretty, it's pink. How about you?

Sorry pic doesn't really show how cancerous it really is, example the brightness.

PhotoPictureResizer_190522_120837040_crop_3268x2764.jpg

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Even if you don't care for RGB, it is nice to have as a novelty and for resale, because some people are crazy go nuts for it. I typically set all of my lights to white or turn them off. Once in a while I will set a color, enjoy it for part of the day, then set it all back to white again.

3. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I avoid lights in my system for power draw and it's just me so no fancy show but spend the money on better hardware. My GPU has leds on it because that's how it is design so I live with that.