My budget upgraded Dell Inspiron 7567

Discussion in 'Dell' started by 05GT, Mar 1, 2017.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh, this one will be a tough fix. I am not sure if they come out or not. You will have to do some looking and reading. You might be able to replace it. You won't be able to fix it really.....well, that being said, I just looked at the picture, if it's just the cone pushed in get a some sort of computer vacuum and try to suck the cone back into position. I have replaced cones on large drivers but I don't think it's possible with that one.

2. G-Force

G-Force Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Very nice.

I bought the i7/256GB+1TB/16GB RAM/1050Ti model. At the time, the only available panels were the FHD TN and 4K IPS panels.

I upgraded the FHD panel myself, first using an AUO B156HAN01.2 panel, but I didn't like it. It had one dead pixel, bad backlight uniformity, low brightness and dust trapped in the screen. After this, I bought an LG LP156WF6-SPB1 and this panel is awesome. All in all quite an expensive upgrade, but really worth it for the amazing battery life and build quality of this laptop. I sold the AUO panel at a small loss unfortunately, but no disaster.

My laptop feels complete now and the upgrade was really easy. I even think this panel is much better than the panel you would get ordering the FHD IPS panel from Dell (most likely a 45% NTSC panel).

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  3. jarmenti

jarmenti Newbie

Reputations:

Try and use a piece of tape or a vaccum cleaner to pop the dustcap on the subwoofer back out!... I don't understand how that got damaged , unless it was put down on something with the bottom cover opened!

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you hear it? any odd noises coming from it? If it is working properly, don't worry, its only the dust cover for the speaker voice coil. I have extensive experience in speaker building etc. So, if it's not making noises etc, no worries...

5. DRFP

DRFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    you couldn't buy the xps with the better screen? seems like you could of

6. MLO

MLO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If it's under warranty have the speaker replaced.