My bad experience with an AW re-seller Hidevolution

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BlueNasser, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueNasser

BlueNasser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No I gave up :(

2. pdogg93

pdogg93 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow. Sorry to hear OP. I wonder how many other 'Hidevolution Upgraded' systems have QS/ES chips in them? Would be interesting to find out.

3. goten11756

goten11756 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping that HID would come through and own up to their mistakes, but from what happened here, it seems that HID got a free ride on this one... :mad: I still can't believe they treated you like this, and how they handled your case (*cough* their mistake *cough*). With a company that does business in such a shady manner, I don't think I'll ever look to HID as a trustworthy company to spend my hard earned money in, nor would I recommend them to any of my colleagues and friends.

However, thank you for letting the community know of what happened here. Things like this need to come to light so they don't get away with it. Although you could have gotten good results if you went through this in a legal manner, I hope you will have better luck with computers in the future.

P.S. Have you gotten word from either Dell or Intel about this? I'm sure they could have helped you with this issue, especially when HID sold you an illegal product without your permission.

4. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well, based on this, I will never buy from HID nor will I ever recommend them. Period. I will withdraw my support for HID for overseas purchases from outside the US from the UK. I will also place a link to this thread on my thread over here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...-aw-system-accessories-please-contribute.html

This is NOT the way to do business. I'm sorry to hear you didn't follow it through.....HID got lucky....but in a sense, they just burned themselves bigtime over a few hundred dollar cpu that they should not have swapped out in the first place.

I've added the following to the opening post on my thread that aims to help people from overseas to buy Alienware at good prices. Good prices should also mean excellent support, and after watching this thread, I can no longer vouch for HID.

It's about time that these businesses realise that they cannot treat their customers in this fashion and expect to remain 'promoted' here on NBR.

5. custonalienware

custonalienware Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

And I thought I had it bad with xoticpc who failed to get the AW's in after essentially 5 so months, it appears to be a golden rule, resslers is a byword for cowboys in the computer buisness.

interesting story: a place called pcs for you once tried to upgrade a friend of mine's desktop with an oz synapsis ssd whilst keeping the hdd. thing was that every time you turn the desktop on for about the fifth time you did it it would freeze at windows with a dataplex error and crash, this would steadily get worse until the computer crashed, would wipe all hard drive data and then would not start again. saddly to try fix this he kept going back to these monkeys and they'd just get the computer running again but never fixed the harddrives from continious freezes, bluescreens and crashes. after loosing all data a third time round he had dumped too much money to the reseller computer builder monkeys. hell when they first built it they underestimated the amount of fans it would need and didn't set the heat warning up properlly as it turned out later. so my mate figured disabling dataplex would work but i think he lost use of the ssd. i kinda looked into it myself and thought the dataplex he had was too older version and could do with a great upgrade {to handle two hard drives for a start} but i respect he doesn't want to go there, i was just shocked that the ressellers so called experts never updated or even looked at the dataplex when that was the key word in the continious error/crashes.

the moral of all these stories is you want something done well do it yourself. for us, buy the bits and put it together yourself.

6. Zero989

Zero989 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This is common with eBay. I bought a M17x that was supposed to have a QX9300 OEM but came with an ES. I was PISSED. Even attempting a return through usual means was a pain so I just did a chargeback and forced them to accept a return.

They know EXACTLY what they're doing so don't let them play dumb. It's disgusting.

7. ped

ped Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Kinda anti-climatic ending. Wouldn't ya say? Lol

EDIT: dangit, second time I screwed up replying to threads on tapatalk. Didn't see you gave up. That really stinks man. So much for HID jumping on here all gloriously saying they will handle it. Where are they by the way? Well in any case I should switch to a PC to stop screwing up post replies on my iPad. :/

8. jlyons264

jlyons264 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    :(. That really sucks... I know I marked this thread for when people ask about them I can point them to this thread. Sadly they don't realize how many people hear about a bad customer service issue over a good one... I know of atleast 3 bad threads over the last couple weeks...

9. BlueNasser

Reputations:
    I said it in the past and I ll say it again, this forum has one of the best community I have ever seen. Too bad I don't own AW anymore but that won't stop me from visiting this forum again. You guys are the best, thank you all.

10. BlueNasser

Reputations:
    Yeah lol worst ending ever :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.