My bad experience with an AW re-seller Hidevolution

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BlueNasser, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Great show of support and resolution, Ted. I'm sure you guys can work things out. Sometimes information gets 'lost in translation' I guess. We just post as we see it. Hat's off to you for posting up here and stating things from your side. Hope you guys work it out....

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Nice job, Ted. Thanks for posting. It's great to see this type of interaction. Don't be a stranger. We'd love to have you drop in when it is for something other than a customer problem. You're welcomed here, bud.

3. Ted@HIDevolution

Ted@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    No need to thank me. I simply want to ensure anything that we are liable for gets taken care of without hassle. Whether you are domestic or international, we treat everyone equally.

The important thing to understand is that WE ARE REACHABLE. We do not runaway from issues. If any of our customers has a problem, there are ways to get a hold of us.

Tip of the hat to TBoneSan, who pointed me to this thread. Without him, I most likely would not have seen this thread.

I will try to contribute as much as possible! Thank you, sir!

4. BlueNasser

BlueNasser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just to clear out few things
    You sold me a QS processor without telling me.
    You sold me a QS processor with an OEM processor's price.
    Your site does not point or mention any info about QS processors.
    Selling QS processor is illegal according to Intel.
    Am I right or not? If so, am I being cheated?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That would make me upset, too. If we are talking about a mistake, and the mistake has been acknowledged and they plan to fix it, then everything should be OK. "Cheating" suggests a dishonorable intent rather than an accident or mistake. Sorry that happened.

6. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:
    What they did was highly unethical and deliberate. You don't accidentally stick a qs cpu in someone's build, custom or otherwise. They can't advertise qs because it's illegal for a reseller to do so, that is Intel property. I don't get why some people are praising HID, they clearly intended to cheat you and got caught. Rectifying a deliberate fraud doesn't lessen the original fraud.

Sent from my GT-N7000

7. ped

ped Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes, this. Was thinking the exact same thing. Was very surprised to see everyone exonerate the company because they simply posted on a forum. Hats off that they plan to fix it, but what was done was illegal, like it or not.

As to not sound too melodramatic, would we be congratulating a bank robber if they said they would return all the funds? It could have been an honest mistake like a qs chip falling in with their production, etc. However then we are talking a quality control issue.

8. BlueNasser

BlueNasser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Their resolution is not what you expect from a good company/reseller.
    They wany me to take apart my laptop, take out the CPU and ship it to them on my own. After they recieve the CPU, they are going to ship an OEM CPU to me.
    I was expecting something better. For now, I guess I have to wait and see what happen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

9. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'm sorry to hear that, Bro. I agree, that's not an ideal solution and perhaps you guys can work something 'better' out between yourselves. I don't know what exactly, but I'd be maybe thinking along the lines of a "tech visit" to your home.....to save you further inconvenience. If you were comfortable with installing the OEM cpu yourself, you could always see if they will agree to send you the OEM first, and you then return the engineering chip in a pre-paid envelope or something.

I'm in no way condoning their initial actions in the first place, those actions have meant you are in the position you are in through no fault of your own. I was merely commenting above (quoted post) that it was a good move by Ted to come on NBR, post up that he's aware of the issues at hand, and that they/HID were hopefully going to resolve this for you. I had no idea of what that proposed resolution would entail, just that it was good that they were aware, and your problem had been publicly acknowledged.

I hope that you can get a better resolution to this, don't forget, you are pretty much in the driving seat here, as I very much doubt that HID or Ted want action to be taken against them for their errors, intentional or otherwise.

10. Radi324

Radi324 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Seeing that the OP is not from the US, I think it's hardly convenient for HID to send over a tech to Nasser. That said, the least they can do is either ship an OEM chip and cover any costs for calling in a local qualified technician, or ship out an upgraded OEM chip, at least a 3840-QM chip. Sending in what was supposed to be the correct chip in the first place after a lot of delay and hassle is hardly a gesture of goodwill. Come on HID, just send the poor chap a 3940-XM processor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.