My bad experience with an AW re-seller Hidevolution

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BlueNasser, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrys

Hybrys That Damn Cactuar!

Reputations:
    Did you contact Support or Corporate Security? Because they'll probably want to do more than that,

2. goussama

goussama Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Damn I hate dodgy sellers. I had a horrible experience with one a few months back the guys here helped me debunk alot of the BS that was being spouted out by the seller

3. der-kaiser

der-kaiser Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which one? Care to share or just PM me.

4. BlueNasser

BlueNasser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. sponge_gto

sponge_gto Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. Hybrys

Hybrys That Damn Cactuar!

Reputations:
    That. If you contacted Corporate Security, they should've been all over HID and Dell.

7. BlueNasser

Reputations:
    ah yeah I contacted corporate security.

8. BlueNasser

Reputations:
    Case opened at BBB.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. goussama

goussama Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It was Eurocom who goes by upgradeyourlaptop on eBay. He gave me alot of headaches trying to blame me for cards that malfunctioned. He sent me a 675mx instead of 680m first time as well as two 680m that didn't work. One came dead on arrival and the other died on me after 2 weeks of usage (neither were overclocked). To his credit in the end he came through and refunded me for one card. I still have the other one I bought from him which is still perfectly functional. I appreciated that.

10. Ted@HIDevolution

Ted@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nasser, sorry to hear you had to resort to a public forum to address your concern. If you feel you are not getting the support you need, you do know how to reach us by live chat. We always answer support chats during our business hours of 09:00-17:30 PST (California time). You can also call us during our business hours of +1-424-201-0350 (press 2 at voice prompt). I have opened a ticket for you in order to assist in resolving this ongoing issue. You can reply to that ticket if you have any questions.

Just to clarify the situation for everyone, this customer knowingly purchased a M18x R2 with modified components. We indicate the fact that we install these components by noting "installed by HIDevolution"next to the upgrade (on the website, order confirmation, and invoice). This customer did NOT purchase a system that was fully built by Dell.

In any case, I understand this forum exists to help resolve situations like these. I feel there was a bit of miscommunication/misinformation for this particular case, and admittedly there was some tardiness involved. I just wanted the forum to know that we are handling this situation privately with the customer now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.